Credit Transfer or Refund

Contributor

Credit Transfer or Refund

I am very angry at ATT right now. I have a prepaid GoPhone. I have just made a payment for $100 a few days ago, even though my plan is $60.00 a month. In the past few days, I have decided to be added to a family members post pay account. I have spent a very long time not only trying to talk to a live person, but now I need to know how to get the credits that will not be used from this prepaid account either refunded to the credit card used, or transferred to the post pay account! HELP.

Message 1 of 3 (1,059 Views)
Master

Re: Credit Transfer or Refund

Account balances cannot be refunded...or transferred to post paid accounts.

My suggestion to you is to use the prepaid phone for another month or so so that you'll actually be able to utilize the money. Or, lend the phone to someone else that could use it?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 3 (1,048 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Credit Transfer or Refund

Wild Banchi is correct; pre-paid balances cannot be refunded or transferred. His suggestion to continue using the GoPhone until you've used your balance and then switch to the Family Plan is your best option. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (1,038 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.