Coverage switching from AT&T 3G MicroCell to regular AT&T 3G

Contributor

Coverage switching from AT&T 3G MicroCell to regular AT&T 3G

I have had my 3G MicroCell for 2 days now and it seems to intermittently switch from my 3G MicroCell (AT&T M-Cell 3G) to my regular cell coverage (AT&T 3G). Sometimes it will stay on the MicroCell for as long as 60 minutes to as short as 10 minutes before switching to my regular cell coverage. I have an iPhone 3G S and I have to switch it to "Airplane Mode" for a few seconds to switch it back off for it to go back to MicroCell coverage. Anyone else have this problem?

It seems that the longer I have my MicroCell, the longer it stays connected to it, so it may be an issue of giving it a few more days or so, I don't know. I have talked to several technicians and have had a running ticket and they are running some tests and utilities on their part, so it may be fixed soon (I hope).

Here are my specs:

Phone:                 iPhone 3G S

ISP Provider:       Charter Communications

Internet Speed:    Broadband (Download Speed: 13433 kbps (1679.1 KB/sec transfer rate) and Upload Speed: 1057 kbps (132.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

City/State:           Asheville, NC 28801

Wireless Router:  Apple Extreme Base Station

Cable Modem:     Zoom Cable Modem, model 5241 

Computer:           Apple Mac Pro Desktop 

Message Edited by Fubeman on 01-02-2010 05:04:34 PM
Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: Coverage switching from AT&T 3G MicroCell to regular AT&T 3G

Yep. This is happening to me too.  It causes a dropped call each time it switches back and forth.

My guess is that when my phone detects a stronger ATT signal (anything over 2 bars) it assumes I am leaving my MicroCell signal and wanting to go to the ATT signal.  Any other ideas?

Most importantly.  Is there any way to force my phone to ignore all signals except the MicroCell when it is in range?

Message 2 of 3
Former Moderator

Re: Coverage switching from AT&T 3G MicroCell to regular AT&T 3G

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support