Coverage issue

Contributor

Coverage issue

I'm wondering if there is a procedure for updating coverage on an ATT/Cingular phone.  I just got a year old Razr V3 from my sister and activated a new sim card.  The coverage map says I should get coverage at my address but I don't.  When I was with Verizon, you could dial *86 to update your phone to receive signals from any newly built or acquired cell towers. Anyone know of something similar I can do with ATT?

Thanx,
Roy
Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Coverage issue

Kmeer wrote:
     I'm wondering if there is a procedure for updating coverage on an ATT/Cingular phone.  I just got a year old Razr V3 from my sister and activated a new sim card.  The coverage map says I should get coverage at my address but I don't.  When I was with Verizon, you could dial *86 to update your phone to receive signals from any newly built or acquired cell towers. Anyone know of something similar I can do with ATT?
     Thanx,
     Roy

Unlike Verizon, AT&T pushes those updates out to the phones, however if you wish you can call customer care and the can resend a over the air programming to your phone.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Coverage issue

Sweet.  Thankyou so much.  I'll do that.

Roy
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support