Coverage issue

Contributor

Coverage issue

I'm wondering if there is a procedure for updating coverage on an ATT/Cingular phone.  I just got a year old Razr V3 from my sister and activated a new sim card.  The coverage map says I should get coverage at my address but I don't.  When I was with Verizon, you could dial *86 to update your phone to receive signals from any newly built or acquired cell towers. Anyone know of something similar I can do with ATT?

Thanx,
Roy
Message 1 of 3 (1,109 Views)
Expert

Re: Coverage issue

Kmeer wrote:
     I'm wondering if there is a procedure for updating coverage on an ATT/Cingular phone.  I just got a year old Razr V3 from my sister and activated a new sim card.  The coverage map says I should get coverage at my address but I don't.  When I was with Verizon, you could dial *86 to update your phone to receive signals from any newly built or acquired cell towers. Anyone know of something similar I can do with ATT?
     Thanx,
     Roy

Unlike Verizon, AT&T pushes those updates out to the phones, however if you wish you can call customer care and the can resend a over the air programming to your phone.
Message 2 of 3 (1,107 Views)
Contributor

Re: Coverage issue

Sweet.  Thankyou so much.  I'll do that.

Roy
Message 3 of 3 (1,105 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.