Helpful Links

Couple Important & Urgent Questions About the iPhone 4

Contributor

Couple Important & Urgent Questions About the iPhone 4

I recently, upgraded my Blackberry Bold 9000 to an iPhone 4, and they shipped it on Friday.

I checked my features list on my account, and it says my Blackberry Bold 9000's Data Plan will expire 11/09/2010, and my iPhone 4 Data Plan will be efficient 11/09/2010. Is that a problem, does the mean I get no data for my iPhone 4 when it arrives, until 11/09/2010?

A second questions is that the iPhone 4 I purchased from AT&T provide a micro simcard that is shipped with the iPhone 4 or do I have to go get one myself at an AT&T store after I receive the iPhone?

Thanks, and I hope someone responds!

Message 1 of 5
Teacher

Re: Couple Important & Urgent Questions About the iPhone 4

No data plan will be activated when you receive phone. Simcard will be sent with phone. When you get phone I would call Att and make sure everything is correct.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

So basically, I have to call AT&T when I receive it and say I want to activate my iPhone Data Plan right now, and want to end my Blackberry Bold data plan.

Message 3 of 5
Professor

When you get your iPhone you will have to connect it to iTunes and go through activating process... No need to call CS about your data plan, it will change on it's own once your iPhone is activated. 

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Professor

jenniferliao wrote:

I recently, upgraded my Blackberry Bold 9000 to an iPhone 4, and they shipped it on Friday.

I checked my features list on my account, and it says my Blackberry Bold 9000's Data Plan will expire 11/09/2010, and my iPhone 4 Data Plan will be efficient 11/09/2010. Is that a problem, does the mean I get no data for my iPhone 4 when it arrives, until 11/09/2010?

A second questions is that the iPhone 4 I purchased from AT&T provide a micro simcard that is shipped with the iPhone 4 or do I have to go get one myself at an AT&T store after I receive the iPhone?

Thanks, and I hope someone responds!

1) You should consult customer service by dialing 611. They seem to have recorded the date which sounds like you won't have data service on the iPhone until November 9th, but you will have BB data service until the 9th. Meaning you won't have data service possibly on October's billing period.

Either that or you may have data service but you will only be charged the BB for the October and not the iPhone but will have iPhone services. But it's best to check as a non-data planned iPhone will cost a nickel a meg ($100 for 2GB)

2) All iPhones come with a pre-programmed Micro-SIM with your account. After you receive your iPhone, you can go on iTunes 10 and plug in the iPhone for registration and activation of the SIM. If you are unable to connect, visit http://www.att.com/activations to turn it on from there. It will have your IMEI and SIM on your account to refer to.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support