Couldn't pop my sim out?

Scholar

Couldn't pop my sim out?

Got my iPhone 4s on the 14th but had to remove my sim to fix a network problem and it barely came out when I used a push pun.  It said on the screen NO SIM FOUND so I knew it was out but I couldn't pull it completely out on my iPhone 4s.  Couldn't even get my nail in there.  Anyone know why its so difficult to pop out the sim?

Message 1 of 16 (471 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Couldn't pop my sim out?

Try using a paperclip. A pushpin may be a bit too thick to reach all the way down. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 16 (437 Views)

MJB0188 wrote:

Got my iPhone 4s on the 14th but had to remove my sim to fix a network problem and it barely came out when I used a push pun.  It said on the screen NO SIM FOUND so I knew it was out but I couldn't pull it completely out on my iPhone 4s.  Couldn't even get my nail in there.  Anyone know why its so difficult to pop out the sim?

I did notice on mine that it took a lot more force than I thought it should.  And I'll agree that a paper-clip would likely work better than a push pin.

Message 3 of 16 (431 Views)
Scholar

The only paperclip I had was much thicker than my push pin lol.  

Message 4 of 16 (418 Views)
Former Community Manager

lol! Smiley Happy

You can always pop into a retail store if there is one close by. They'll be able to help you out. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 16 (415 Views)

A small paperclip works fine.

On one of my iPhone 4 handsets it requires significant force to pop the SIM. Then the phone was new it was so stiff that I bent the paper clip.

Just popped the SIM last night to put in an Atrix, still required force.

Message 6 of 16 (409 Views)
Expert

Apparently a SIM Removal Tool used to be included with earlier models; I was surprised to find I didn't get one. Smiley Very Happy  And a large paper clip probably works better than a small (normal) one.

Message 7 of 16 (394 Views)
Professor

Yes, the 3GS was the last iPhone to come with this tool.  I think that Apple should still provide them.  I have bent many paper clips trying to force the SIM card slot open.  The big clips are too thick and the small clips are too weak.  I use a safety pin now.  I just think that this is a ghetto solution for a $700 phone.

Message 8 of 16 (381 Views)
Master

I wish my 3GS came with one of those. I have tried to use a paper clip, thinking it would work, but the clip I had was too wide and would not fit into the SIM slot hole. Instead, I use the pointy part of an aluminum "campaign" button that I keep on my nightstand and that works very well. Smiley Happy

Removing the SIM tray with the SIM inside though, has proven difficult for me. I use the pin to stick it in the hole and then I have to pinch the tray to completely remove both the SIM and tray. They just do not make it easy for us.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 9 of 16 (377 Views)
Expert

You can get them for cheap, or maybe Apple stores hand them out if asked? Smiley Very Happy

All the ones I see online say for 3 & 3GS, nothing about 4, 4S; so are the holes a different size now?

What I read on Apple's site, they are no longer including them to save the planet. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 16 (375 Views)
Master

Not sure about the different sized SIM holes.

'Saving the planet'? From what? Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 11 of 16 (309 Views)
Expert

Extra metal?  I have a feeling it was to make extra profit. Smiley Wink

Next time I'm at an Apple Store, I'll see what kind of answer I get (if they sell them, and if they'll fit the 4-series).

Message 12 of 16 (302 Views)
Explorer

Used the sim removal tool which came with my 3G and worked flawlessly!

Fwiw, I believe those sim removal tools were made with liquid metal...remember that liquid metal company Apple purchased a few years back.
Message 13 of 16 (297 Views)
Expert

Great it worked!  Good to know the hole is not a different size, so will be looking to aquire one, somehow. Smiley Wink 

All I can say is I feel cheated in not getting one. 

Message 14 of 16 (288 Views)
Guru

spd2demun wrote:

Extra metal?  I have a feeling it was to make extra profit. Smiley Wink

Next time I'm at an Apple Store, I'll see what kind of answer I get (if they sell them, and if they'll fit the 4-series).

"Save the planet" my rear hiney...Apple has never heard of recycled metal?  For sure they did it solely to squeeze more profit--it's called "decontenting"...and to be fair, Apple isn't the only company that practices this.

Message 15 of 16 (266 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.