Posted Jun 29, 2008
10:05:55 AM
View profile
Could not start camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again.
I'm trying to open my normal BB camera app and get the following message.

Could not start camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again.

I don't seem to have anything else open to my knowledge. Unless BlackBerrys are like Symbian and just leave things open if you don't exit correctly.

And I have even switched the whole device off,  remove the battery and back on again and it still comes up with the same message with a fresh start.

Could anyone offer some advise to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

I don't seem to have anything else open to my knowledge. Unless BlackBerrys are like Symbian and just leave things open if you don't exit correctly.

And I have even switched the whole device off,  remove the battery and back on again and it still comes up with the same message with a fresh start.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2008 1:24:39 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by sstoma on Jun 30, 2008 at 1:25:46 PM
I found the answer for this problem:

1- Go to your Internet browser.
2- click menu.
3- options.
4- Cache Operations.
5- Clear every thing there all contents, Pushed Content and Cookie Cache.
6- Reboot the phone.

For more info go to this link:
http://www.wireless.att.com/support/deviceTutorials.do?universe=att&deviceId=10000&tutorialsCategory...

This fix worked for me.

Good Luck :smileywink:

Message Edited by sstoma on 06-30-2008 01:25:46 PM
I found the answer for this problem:

1- Go to your Internet browser.
2- click menu.
3- options.
4- Cache Operations.
5- Clear every thing there all contents, Pushed Content and Cookie Cache.
6- Reboot the phone.

For more info go to this link:
http://www.wireless.att.com/support/deviceTutorials.do?universe=att&deviceId=10000&tutorialsCategory=Browser&tutorialId=615850

This fix worked for me.

Good Luck :smileywink:

Message Edited by sstoma on 06-30-2008 01:25:46 PM

Re: Could not start camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again.

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (29,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2008 7:01:37 AM
(0)
Contributor
Hey,

This trick worked for me.

My mobile falled yesterday, since then I am not able access my camera.

I did all the step required.

Reboot is a must( better remove the battery and put it again).

Thanks dude.

Venkat

Hey,

This trick worked for me.

My mobile falled yesterday, since then I am not able access my camera.

I did all the step required.

Reboot is a must( better remove the battery and put it again).

Thanks dude.

Venkat

Re: Could not start camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again.

3 of 6 (29,172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2008 1:40:49 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm having the same error message.  I went to delete my cache and rebooted - I still have the same error message when I opened the camer app.  Any other ideas anyone?  Thanks.
I'm having the same error message.  I went to delete my cache and rebooted - I still have the same error message when I opened the camer app.  Any other ideas anyone?  Thanks.

4 of 6 (28,703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2008 6:43:14 AM
(0)
Guru
Check your free memory (Options->Status). If you have less than 5-7 MB this could be the problem. For the best way to increase your free memory go to:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-optimize-your-bb-how-setup-max-free-memory.html

BJ

sstoma wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Check your free memory (Options->Status). If you have less than 5-7 MB this could be the problem. For the best way to increase your free memory go to:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-optimize-your-bb-how-setup-max-free-memory.html

BJ

sstoma wrote:

Thanks in advance.

5 of 6 (28,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2008 9:03:54 PM
(0)
Contributor
It IS NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM!! It is a hardware problem, and the fix was pretty easy.

I sold my barely used AT&T Blackberry Curve 8310 on eBay only to find once she received the phone the camera no longer worked. After searching and searching to find a fix and upgrading the OS, pulling the battery I found a forum that simply stated to push in on the camera itself. I did that, and VOILA!!! FIXED. 
Here is the link: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=23684

I registered for this site just to let others know you don't have to go through all of the headache and trials of software upgrades and installs.
It IS NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM!! It is a hardware problem, and the fix was pretty easy.

I sold my barely used AT&T Blackberry Curve 8310 on eBay only to find once she received the phone the camera no longer worked. After searching and searching to find a fix and upgrading the OS, pulling the battery I found a forum that simply stated to push in on the camera itself. I did that, and VOILA!!! FIXED. 
Here is the link: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=23684

I registered for this site just to let others know you don't have to go through all of the headache and trials of software upgrades and installs.

6 of 6 (27,319 Views)