Corrupted Image Files on Motorola Atrix 4G

Contributor

Corrupted Image Files on Motorola Atrix 4G

Got an Atrix 4G last summer.  Lately I've noticed that many of the pictures I took (and stored to a 32GB SD internal memory card) are now corrupted.  I cannot open them, cannot download them a view them - nothing. What gives?

Is it possible the memory card is bad?

Is it something that I should be doing after taking a picture to make sure that it's saved / stored properly?

I'm really mad about this becasue it appears I've lost a lot of precious pictures!

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: Corrupted Image Files on Motorola Atrix 4G

Spoiler
I have the same problem.    I'm going to bite the bullet and format the card and see if that helps.   My phone has been a mess since I took the photos.

Message 2 of 4
Employee

I had the same issue on an HTC Inspire... I think it's an android issue or maybe a damaged SD card. I formatted the SD card and it works fine now. I also back everything up to Google+ just in case.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Professor

Could be a bad sector on the card. There are data recovery programs out there that can help if this is indeed the case.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support