Helpful Links

Corrupted Image Files on Motorola Atrix 4G

Contributor

Corrupted Image Files on Motorola Atrix 4G

Got an Atrix 4G last summer.  Lately I've noticed that many of the pictures I took (and stored to a 32GB SD internal memory card) are now corrupted.  I cannot open them, cannot download them a view them - nothing. What gives?

Is it possible the memory card is bad?

Is it something that I should be doing after taking a picture to make sure that it's saved / stored properly?

I'm really mad about this becasue it appears I've lost a lot of precious pictures!

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: Corrupted Image Files on Motorola Atrix 4G

Spoiler
I have the same problem.    I'm going to bite the bullet and format the card and see if that helps.   My phone has been a mess since I took the photos.

Message 2 of 4
Employee

I had the same issue on an HTC Inspire... I think it's an android issue or maybe a damaged SD card. I formatted the SD card and it works fine now. I also back everything up to Google+ just in case.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Professor

Could be a bad sector on the card. There are data recovery programs out there that can help if this is indeed the case.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support