Ask a question

Posted Nov 1, 2011
8:48:08 PM
View profile
Converting from PrePaid to Contract

Hi,

I have a disabled adult son who lives in a group home.  He has been a loyal AT&T prepaid customer for 5+ years.  Under the terms of the prepaid plan, he can accrue his balance month to month, but he loses it when he terminates.  He has no credit and thus could not make a $500 deposit they want for a contract.  Is there no way for him to use his excess balance toward a contract plan and be approved by ATT for his good payment record?

Thanks.

Converting from PrePaid to Contract

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:16:58 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

bryland wrote:

Hi,

I have a disabled adult son who lives in a group home.  He has been a loyal AT&T prepaid customer for 5+ years.  Under the terms of the prepaid plan, he can accrue his balance month to month, but he loses it when he terminates.  He has no credit and thus could not make a $500 deposit they want for a contract.  Is there no way for him to use his excess balance toward a contract plan and be approved by ATT for his good payment record?

Thanks.

That is a very good question and I'm honestly not sure how to answer it. 

I'd like to have someone contact you (or your son if possible) to discuss his options. Maybe there is a solution that niether of us are aware of. Smiley Happy

If you would, please send me a private message with your name (or your son's - depending on who we're going to be talking to, his account information, a contact phone number and the best time to contact you.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Converting from PrePaid to Contract

2 of 2 (186 Views)