Converting a Ringtone

Converting a Ringtone

Is it possible to convert a ringtone that I used on my Razr to a compatible format to use on my new SE Z750a? I have tried to download the ringtone and when I select my phone, it says it's not compatible. I don't know what format it is in now. My wife REALLY wants this ringtone on her new phone. Any ideas? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5 (3,713 Views)
Expert

Re: Converting a Ringtone

Retired_Guy wrote:
Is it possible to convert a ringtone that I used on my Razr to a compatible format to use on my new SE Z750a? I have tried to download the ringtone and when I select my phone, it says it's not compatible. I don't know what format it is in now. My wife REALLY wants this ringtone on her new phone. Any ideas? Thanks.

you can, download it to your computer, use a program called NCH PRISM CONVERTER, convert the file to something your new phone can use then upload it to your new phone.Wirelessly posted (Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.10423/1724; en; U; ssr))
Message 2 of 5 (3,694 Views)

I would honestly just re-create it using an online service like Mobile17...
Message 3 of 5 (3,329 Views)
Scholar

The z750a supports ringtones in the following formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, AAC+, eAAc+, WMA, WAV.   You don't say which razr you have, but I don'lt think any RAZRs supported anything different than one of these.  Perhaps the Sony has other restrictions that are causing the problem (bit rate, file size, etc.). 
Message 4 of 5 (3,158 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

If you can download the ringtone to your computer (or have the file on the computer), try using Windows Sound Recorder to convert the file to the proper format using the Save As feature .  I have used this to convert .wav files to .mp3 files many times.  The clue is the Change button which will allow you to select a different format to save the file.
Message 5 of 5 (2,727 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.