Convert 25 cent to 10 cent a minute prepaid???

Mentor

Convert 25 cent to 10 cent a minute prepaid???

How would I change an older Go Phone 25/min to the new 10/min "plan" ? Thanks.
Message 1 of 8
Master

Re: Convert 25 cent to 10 cent a minute prepaid???

To switch over to the $.10 a minute Simple Plan, you can simply dial "611" from your prepaid phone. When you get to the Main Menu, select "more options". You can then say "Simple Rate Plan", and the automated IVR should give you details and information about the plan. "She" might just coincidentally tell you about the plan, also. When you transfer over to the $.10 a minute rate plan from the $.25, you can confirm the change, and then you'll be able to make and receive calls at just ten cents a minute instead of twenty-five. However, if you switch to the newer plan, you can't switch back to the older $.25 plan; but I don't see why you would want to, anyway.

This is the way I did it back in early October. It really is pretty simple to change over, as the name "Simple Plan" suggests. It's definitely worth it in the long run, and I'm sure you'll be quite pleased by saving fifteen cents per minute. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 8
Mentor

well explained, Wild Banchi
Message 3 of 8
Master

Thank you. I try. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Hi,

I'd like to verify that my existing pre-paid balance will roll over from the $.25/minute to the $.10/minute plan.  The website says "Any services included in your existing rate plan will be lost." after a change but I'm not clear if "services" means the same as "features" or if the airtime would be lost.

Thanks very much.

Gordon

Message 5 of 8
Master

gfink wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to verify that my existing pre-paid balance will roll over from the $.25/minute to the $.10/minute plan.  The website says "Any services included in your existing rate plan will be lost." after a change but I'm not clear if "services" means the same as "features" or if the airtime would be lost.

Thanks very much.

Gordon

Yes. Your existing account balance and feature packages you may be subscribed to will also roll over with the rate plan change. Because you're basically switching from the same kind of rate plan, this is possible. Had you been switching from the, say, $2 per day plan, your unlimited use would have been forfeited for the day.

Enjoy your new plan. I know I sure did. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

Great, I appreciate your help.
Message 7 of 8
Master

You're welcome!

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support