Contacts back ups

Professor

Contacts back ups

I 've been using Google contacts for back ups, which appears to work flawlessly. When I make a change on the iPhone I see the change immediately on the web, and vice versa. Obviously, the idea is that if anything should happen to the contacts on the iPhone, my info would be retrievable via the web program. But I wonder, how would it work, really? If, for instance, a bunch of my contacts got erased, somehow, on the iPhone, wouldn't that immediately reflect on the web program, resulting in a loss of that same information there? Luckily I haven't had a problem. Just wondering how that would work out just in case, though. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3 (264 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Contacts back ups

Yeah if the changes sync, they sync. If your iPhone falls into the hottub, however, you won't lose any contacts.

On Google, you can backup your contacts easily... under More... Export, So do that now and then and you'll have ANOTHER backup Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (257 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Contacts back ups

Excellent! Just did exactly that, and saved it to my desktop. I'll save once a month, just in case.

Thanks for the tip!
Message 3 of 3 (248 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.