Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 21, 2012
6:55:02 PM
Constructive Criticism: Access ID

I have several complaints about the usability of your website. 

Firstly: the new Access ID. I honestly think this is a stupid idea. It was so much easier to log in with my phone number. I have countless different log-ins all over the internet for different sites. I really don't want to remember one more. My wireless number, on the other hand, is easy to remember and never changes. Just something for you guys to consider.

Secondly: why do I have to register for an Access ID and register AGAIN to be able to post on the forums? Another log-in??? Really??? 

Thirdly: how was I supposed to know when I was done linking my account? There's no "finish" or "continue" button. It should jump out at me from the page to indicate that I've completed what I was supposed to do. Humans are more likely to notice graphics than take the time to read text. 

I have several complaints about the usability of your website. 

Firstly: the new Access ID. I honestly think this is a stupid idea. It was so much easier to log in with my phone number. I have countless different log-ins all over the internet for different sites. I really don't want to remember one more. My wireless number, on the other hand, is easy to remember and never changes. Just something for you guys to consider.

Secondly: why do I have to register for an Access ID and register AGAIN to be able to post on the forums? Another log-in??? Really??? 

Thirdly: how was I supposed to know when I was done linking my account? There's no "finish" or "continue" button. It should jump out at me from the page to indicate that I've completed what I was supposed to do. Humans are more likely to notice graphics than take the time to read text. 

Constructive Criticism: Access ID

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2012 11:33:44 AM
(0)
Employee
You don't need an access ID. I refuse to get one. And the forums are desperate and you don't need at&t to post here which is why its separate
You don't need an access ID. I refuse to get one. And the forums are desperate and you don't need at&t to post here which is why its separate
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Constructive Criticism: Access ID

2 of 3 (1,277 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2012 8:08:42 AM
(0)
Employee

Access ID is nice to have to manage multiple wireless lines or if you have multiple accounts including other services. I do wonder why I can just link other accounts to my existing wireless account. Creating a new ID seems like an extra step. 

Access ID is nice to have to manage multiple wireless lines or if you have multiple accounts including other services. I do wonder why I can just link other accounts to my existing wireless account. Creating a new ID seems like an extra step. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Constructive Criticism: Access ID

3 of 3 (1,250 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments