Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 18, 2011
8:32:51 PM
View profile
Connection to Router for Micro Cell

All four of my Linksys router port are occupied.  Will a telephone adapter (two into one) be suitable and will it cause any problems.

All four of my Linksys router port are occupied.  Will a telephone adapter (two into one) be suitable and will it cause any problems.

Connection to Router for Micro Cell

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2011 9:36:07 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by thively on Mar 18, 2011 at 9:41:22 PM

Get an Ethernet "switch." They cam be had as cheap as $20. Thi will add another 4 ports (for a 5 port switch.) You simply daisy chain one port of the switch to one of your router ports. Connect the Microcell to one of the router ports directly and move something else off on to the new switch (for best performance.)
You'll need to get another network cable to uplink the switch to the router.
Edit:Whoops. Sorry. Ed already answered, sorry. I missed that as I'm reading on a mobile screen.

Get an Ethernet "switch." They cam be had as cheap as $20. Thi will add another 4 ports (for a 5 port switch.) You simply daisy chain one port of the switch to one of your router ports. Connect the Microcell to one of the router ports directly and move something else off on to the new switch (for best performance.)
You'll need to get another network cable to uplink the switch to the router.
Edit:Whoops. Sorry. Ed already answered, sorry. I missed that as I'm reading on a mobile screen.

Re: Connection to Router for Micro Cell

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (3,335 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2011 11:54:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks so much.  I will do.

Thanks so much.  I will do.