Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 27, 2011
1:34:35 PM
View profile
Connected to microcell but cannot make or recieve calls after a few minutes

I read through the last several pages but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

After I reboot (either phone or MC) I get connected with 5 bars.  I can make and recieve calls for 5-15 minutes.  After that point I can no longer do either while I still have 5 bars on MC connection.

Entering airplane mode and back to normal (goes to searching then 5 bars) will not allow me to have phone calls.

This happens on both my 3GS and my wife's.   Once when I powered down my phone my wife's was able to make a call, but this doesn't usually happen.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?

I read through the last several pages but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

After I reboot (either phone or MC) I get connected with 5 bars.  I can make and recieve calls for 5-15 minutes.  After that point I can no longer do either while I still have 5 bars on MC connection.

Entering airplane mode and back to normal (goes to searching then 5 bars) will not allow me to have phone calls.

This happens on both my 3GS and my wife's.   Once when I powered down my phone my wife's was able to make a call, but this doesn't usually happen.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?

Connected to microcell but cannot make or recieve calls after a few minutes

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 11:24:17 AM
(0)
Teacher
Yes! The M-cell must have GPS in green and the device near a window and it really only works well if it is the first device connected to your modem. The instructions say otherwise but after 600+hours of use with multiple approved phones, believe that I know what I am talking about. Also, some times the phones need to be powered down, remove the cell phone number from the set up list and then re-add it and re-start cell in M-cell area.
Yes! The M-cell must have GPS in green and the device near a window and it really only works well if it is the first device connected to your modem. The instructions say otherwise but after 600+hours of use with multiple approved phones, believe that I know what I am talking about. Also, some times the phones need to be powered down, remove the cell phone number from the set up list and then re-add it and re-start cell in M-cell area.

Re: Connected to microcell but cannot make or recieve calls after a few minutes

2 of 2 (369 Views)