Connected to microcell but cannot make or recieve calls after a few minutes

Contributor

Connected to microcell but cannot make or recieve calls after a few minutes

I read through the last several pages but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

After I reboot (either phone or MC) I get connected with 5 bars.  I can make and recieve calls for 5-15 minutes.  After that point I can no longer do either while I still have 5 bars on MC connection.

Entering airplane mode and back to normal (goes to searching then 5 bars) will not allow me to have phone calls.

This happens on both my 3GS and my wife's.   Once when I powered down my phone my wife's was able to make a call, but this doesn't usually happen.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Connected to microcell but cannot make or recieve calls after a few minutes

Yes! The M-cell must have GPS in green and the device near a window and it really only works well if it is the first device connected to your modem. The instructions say otherwise but after 600+hours of use with multiple approved phones, believe that I know what I am talking about. Also, some times the phones need to be powered down, remove the cell phone number from the set up list and then re-add it and re-start cell in M-cell area.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support