Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 1, 2010
8:28:59 AM
View profile
Connect Nokia 6650 fold to computer

I am trying to connect my 6650 to my computer thru a USB. I down loaded the ovi suite, but my phone will not connect I checked the USB cable a it is OK.

I am trying to connect my 6650 to my computer thru a USB. I down loaded the ovi suite, but my phone will not connect I checked the USB cable a it is OK.

Connect Nokia 6650 fold to computer

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2010 10:25:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Someone else may be able to give you better assistance with connecting via USB if you'll provide what operating system your computer uses, etc.

For what it's worth, I've never been able to connect to Nokia's PC Suite (predecessor to Ovi Suite) via USB on my Nokia E70-2 using Windows XP, but I've been able to do the things I needed to do via a bluetooth connection.  If it doesn't really matter to you which way you connect and your PC has bluetooth, you may want to give that a try instead. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Someone else may be able to give you better assistance with connecting via USB if you'll provide what operating system your computer uses, etc.

For what it's worth, I've never been able to connect to Nokia's PC Suite (predecessor to Ovi Suite) via USB on my Nokia E70-2 using Windows XP, but I've been able to do the things I needed to do via a bluetooth connection.  If it doesn't really matter to you which way you connect and your PC has bluetooth, you may want to give that a try instead. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Connect Nokia 6650 fold to computer

2 of 3 (1,262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2010 5:23:20 AM
(0)
Mentor
In the phone menu, the connection settings need to be changed to "PC Suite". The default won't work. Look for it under Connection->Data Cable
In the phone menu, the connection settings need to be changed to "PC Suite". The default won't work. Look for it under Connection->Data Cable

Re: Connect Nokia 6650 fold to computer

3 of 3 (1,246 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments