Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 9, 2010
9:28:36 PM
View profile
Conditional call forwarding issue with iPhone 4

Spent 90 minutes on two different calls with AT&T customer care on this earlier today with no success. Hoping someone here knows a resolution.

For the last two years, I've used the AT&T GSM conditional call forwarding rules to have calls to my iPhone forward to my office phone when

* Busy  (*67*)

* No Reply (*61*)

* Not reachable (*62*)

Ever since I upgraded to the iPhone 4 on 6/24, the call forwarding fails and callers get the phone company's recorded message:  "we're sorry your call did not go through. please try again later."

I've deactivated the call forwarding completely and reset each of the conditions. i've also verified with the status sequences that the call forwarding # is set correctly.

I'm perplexed why it no longer works and figure it must be something in AT&T's network. On my last chat with AT&T customer care, the rep said it must be the iPhone and not their network.

Please help. Thank you.

Spent 90 minutes on two different calls with AT&T customer care on this earlier today with no success. Hoping someone here knows a resolution.

For the last two years, I've used the AT&T GSM conditional call forwarding rules to have calls to my iPhone forward to my office phone when

* Busy  (*67*)

* No Reply (*61*)

* Not reachable (*62*)

Ever since I upgraded to the iPhone 4 on 6/24, the call forwarding fails and callers get the phone company's recorded message:  "we're sorry your call did not go through. please try again later."

I've deactivated the call forwarding completely and reset each of the conditions. i've also verified with the status sequences that the call forwarding # is set correctly.

I'm perplexed why it no longer works and figure it must be something in AT&T's network. On my last chat with AT&T customer care, the rep said it must be the iPhone and not their network.

Please help. Thank you.

Conditional call forwarding issue with iPhone 4

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2010 10:15:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

mine works fine. Just make sure when you use 1 and 10 digit phone number, do not use +.

No Answer:
activate: **61*phonenumber*11*time# [tap call]
cancel: ##61# [tap call]
* replace time with two digits for seconds!
Switched off or No Service:
activate: **62*phonenumber# [tap call]
cancel: ##62# [tap call]
Busy:
activate: **67*phonenumber# [tap call]
cancel: ##67# [tap call]

mine works fine. Just make sure when you use 1 and 10 digit phone number, do not use +.

No Answer:
activate: **61*phonenumber*11*time# [tap call]
cancel: ##61# [tap call]
* replace time with two digits for seconds!
Switched off or No Service:
activate: **62*phonenumber# [tap call]
cancel: ##62# [tap call]
Busy:
activate: **67*phonenumber# [tap call]
cancel: ##67# [tap call]

Re: Conditional call forwarding issue with iPhone 4

2 of 6 (11,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2010 10:46:44 PM
(0)
Master

robert22 wrote:

On my last chat with AT&T customer care, the rep said it must be the iPhone and not their network.

The conditional call forwarding is not dependent on the phone.  The phone can be turned off, outside of a calling area or even physically destroyed the the call forwarding would still work.

If your setting it up correctly I would have to believe the problem is on ATT's end.  If correct I would ask them to delete all the call forwarding on your line.  After that you can try again or have them set it for you.

What response do you get when you query the status for each?  It should state Successful and Enabled for each.  Your number will be different (don't post it here).  Mine shown is just one of the voicemail service numbers since I keep mine standard.

*#67#

Setting Interrogation

Successful

Voice Call Forwarding

When Busy

Forwards to +16787619968

Enabled

*#62#

Setting Interrogation

Successful

Voice Call Forwarding

When Unanswered

Forwards to +16787619968

Enabled

*#62#

Setting Interrogation

Successful

Voice Call Forwarding

When Unreachable

Forwards to +16787619968

Enabled

robert22 wrote:

On my last chat with AT&T customer care, the rep said it must be the iPhone and not their network.

The conditional call forwarding is not dependent on the phone.  The phone can be turned off, outside of a calling area or even physically destroyed the the call forwarding would still work.

If your setting it up correctly I would have to believe the problem is on ATT's end.  If correct I would ask them to delete all the call forwarding on your line.  After that you can try again or have them set it for you.

What response do you get when you query the status for each?  It should state Successful and Enabled for each.  Your number will be different (don't post it here).  Mine shown is just one of the voicemail service numbers since I keep mine standard.

*#67#

Setting Interrogation

Successful

Voice Call Forwarding

When Busy

Forwards to +16787619968

Enabled

*#62#

Setting Interrogation

Successful

Voice Call Forwarding

When Unanswered

Forwards to +16787619968

Enabled

*#62#

Setting Interrogation

Successful

Voice Call Forwarding

When Unreachable

Forwards to +16787619968

Enabled

3 of 6 (11,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2010 1:12:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

yes, I get "setting interrogation succeeded ... forwards to" my other number on each of the status sequences (61,62,67)

yes, I get "setting interrogation succeeded ... forwards to" my other number on each of the status sequences (61,62,67)

4 of 6 (11,850 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2010 11:17:47 AM
(0)
Teacher

spent more time on the phone with AT&T customer support on Saturday, but still not working.

spent more time on the phone with AT&T customer support on Saturday, but still not working.

5 of 6 (11,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 12:04:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had this same problem when I got my iPhone 4 (upgrading from a Nokia). Call forwarding said it was activated on the phone, but calls weren't getting through to my house when I forwared the phone. It turned out to be a problem with the local company -- they needed to code my home number to accept calls forwarded from my cell phone number. Once I convinced the local company that it was a problem on their end (callers were getting their recording, not AT&T), we had it fixed in a few minutes.

I had this same problem when I got my iPhone 4 (upgrading from a Nokia). Call forwarding said it was activated on the phone, but calls weren't getting through to my house when I forwared the phone. It turned out to be a problem with the local company -- they needed to code my home number to accept calls forwarded from my cell phone number. Once I convinced the local company that it was a problem on their end (callers were getting their recording, not AT&T), we had it fixed in a few minutes.

6 of 6 (11,051 Views)