Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 22, 2010
5:03:39 AM
View profile
Come on HTC. Two new WP7 announced fot att wireless.

No word from HTC, yet, for att wireless, but it has been a busy few days for WP7 announcements.  These announcements are from the manufacturer and not att wireless, so some of you purists may still want to hold your breath a bit longer.  But a holiday availablilty of WP7 would need to start being tested by att VERY soon.

All links leed to new-cell-phones.org pages and a brief non techy write up and photos.

The AT&T Samsung Cetus i917

Samsung Cetus i917

The AT&T LG C900

LG C900

The LG has looks like it has a nice slider keyboard.  I am still really hoping that HTC jumps into the game before the holidays.  My Fuze is on its deathbed.  I am hoping to eek out another 90 days or so with it.

No word from HTC, yet, for att wireless, but it has been a busy few days for WP7 announcements.  These announcements are from the manufacturer and not att wireless, so some of you purists may still want to hold your breath a bit longer.  But a holiday availablilty of WP7 would need to start being tested by att VERY soon.

All links leed to new-cell-phones.org pages and a brief non techy write up and photos.

The AT&T Samsung Cetus i917

Samsung Cetus i917

The AT&T LG C900

LG C900

The LG has looks like it has a nice slider keyboard.  I am still really hoping that HTC jumps into the game before the holidays.  My Fuze is on its deathbed.  I am hoping to eek out another 90 days or so with it.

Come on HTC. Two new WP7 announced fot att wireless.

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 7:30:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

Unless there is some changes to WP7, it is dead to me.  I would love an HTC Android phone with the specs of the Evo to be announced before Christmas.

HTC is supposed to have a meeting in London on Sept 15.  I am thinking there should be some sweet Android and WP7 offering introduced there.

I wish a decent new slider would come down the pipe for ATT as well. 

Unless there is some changes to WP7, it is dead to me.  I would love an HTC Android phone with the specs of the Evo to be announced before Christmas.

HTC is supposed to have a meeting in London on Sept 15.  I am thinking there should be some sweet Android and WP7 offering introduced there.

Re: Come on HTC. Two new WP7 announced fot att wireless.

2 of 13 (2,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 11:31:09 AM
(0)
Professor

UHmump95 wrote:

What changes are you looking for?

-Multitasking

-Cut and paste

Obviously, but my understanding is that those are already in the works and will be updated on the OS by Microsoft and not even need to be approved by att.  MS can actually just push the updates out.

As for the slider issue.  HTC has indicated that their first att wireless WP7 will not have a slider and will be a screen keyboard.  Bummer.  But it may make me try my first non slider since my Star Trek.

I am really trying to hold off from the Tilt II and wait for a WP7.  If the offering are not where I would like them, then I am completely junping aboard the HTC Android bandwagon regardless of carrier.

I want a fast new phone for the holidays this year.

UHmump95 wrote:

What changes are you looking for?

-Multitasking

-Cut and paste

Obviously, but my understanding is that those are already in the works and will be updated on the OS by Microsoft and not even need to be approved by att.  MS can actually just push the updates out.

As for the slider issue.  HTC has indicated that their first att wireless WP7 will not have a slider and will be a screen keyboard.  Bummer.  But it may make me try my first non slider since my Star Trek.

I am really trying to hold off from the Tilt II and wait for a WP7.  If the offering are not where I would like them, then I am completely junping aboard the HTC Android bandwagon regardless of carrier.

I want a fast new phone for the holidays this year.

3 of 13 (2,909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 5:55:15 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by UHmump95 on Aug 22, 2010 at 5:57:56 PM

Those are two big issues, but I also am not that fond of WP7's layout.  I really like the look of HTC Sense's layout and I am starting to like the look of Android phones in general.  They all remind me of HTC's Touchflo just taken to the next level with more flexibility.

I am able to switch phones at the end of this month, but I have issues with my top two choices from ATT.  The Captivate has GPS issues which make me leery of getting it and I do not like the Dell Streak's price and the fact it is running Android 1.6.  So I will be waiting until those two phones fix their issues or until I hear that an awesome HTC Android is coming to ATT.

Those are two big issues, but I also am not that fond of WP7's layout.  I really like the look of HTC Sense's layout and I am starting to like the look of Android phones in general.  They all remind me of HTC's Touchflo just taken to the next level with more flexibility.

I am able to switch phones at the end of this month, but I have issues with my top two choices from ATT.  The Captivate has GPS issues which make me leery of getting it and I do not like the Dell Streak's price and the fact it is running Android 1.6.  So I will be waiting until those two phones fix their issues or until I hear that an awesome HTC Android is coming to ATT.

[ Edited ]
4 of 13 (2,864 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 6:05:16 PM
(0)
Expert

UHmump95 wrote:

curious - exactly what changes are you looking for?

UHmump95 wrote:

5 of 13 (2,859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 7:25:41 PM
(0)
Professor

Maybe this is the new HTC WP7, rumored to be set for a Q4 release.

The HTC Schubert.

HTC Schubert

Maybe this is the new HTC WP7, rumored to be set for a Q4 release.

The HTC Schubert.

HTC Schubert

6 of 13 (2,839 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 7:43:06 PM
(0)
Professor

I Can't wait for the Schubert either.

I Can't wait for the Schubert either.

7 of 13 (2,836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 6:14:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

Paolo01 basically already covered it above.  Multi-Tasking and Cut&Paste will not be supported at launch (but possibly will be added later?).

Plus, many people are claiming that the look/function of the interface leans more toward the casual user, and not the business person.  But I think it remains to be seen what the finished product looks like and how it functions.

wingrider01 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

Paolo01 basically already covered it above.  Multi-Tasking and Cut&Paste will not be supported at launch (but possibly will be added later?).

Plus, many people are claiming that the look/function of the interface leans more toward the casual user, and not the business person.  But I think it remains to be seen what the finished product looks like and how it functions.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 13 (2,782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 10:03:57 AM
(0)
Expert

redpoint73 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

cut and paste is still in the works.

Multitasking - personally never really needed it, still do not use it on the Iphone with the ability, but then the business smartphone is just that, a business phone, have not run into any applications that need to be running in the background on the business phone. As a matter of fact the iphone did not have multitasking available till OS4.

As far as your finaly statement for not being a business smartphone - it has a couple of distinct advantages, that of Office Mobile and a tried and true activsync that integrates well with Exchange 2007/2010. If you look back over the history of the iphone and a few other smartphones gor business you can say the exact same thing. The simple fact it integrates directly into exchange without a extra server puts it ahead of a certain other business phone.

MS maybe targeting the home market to start with, but suspect that it will end up a major player in the smartphone market. Will be getting 4 of them as soon as they hit the channel to experiment.

redpoint73 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

cut and paste is still in the works.

Multitasking - personally never really needed it, still do not use it on the Iphone with the ability, but then the business smartphone is just that, a business phone, have not run into any applications that need to be running in the background on the business phone. As a matter of fact the iphone did not have multitasking available till OS4.

As far as your finaly statement for not being a business smartphone - it has a couple of distinct advantages, that of Office Mobile and a tried and true activsync that integrates well with Exchange 2007/2010. If you look back over the history of the iphone and a few other smartphones gor business you can say the exact same thing. The simple fact it integrates directly into exchange without a extra server puts it ahead of a certain other business phone.

MS maybe targeting the home market to start with, but suspect that it will end up a major player in the smartphone market. Will be getting 4 of them as soon as they hit the channel to experiment.

9 of 13 (2,743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2010 2:27:44 PM
(0)
Explorer

10 of 13 (2,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2010 2:40:35 PM
(0)
Professor

hbelton wrote:

There's also these guys http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/22/dells-lightning-thunder-flash-smoke-and-more-a-roundup/ that are coming to ATT

You are correct hbelton.  The Dell's are beautiful.  Who would havve ever thought that they mught have the best looking WP7 come this holiday season.

But another HTC came out from under wraps today.  The WP7 market is finally heating up a bit.  I would GUESS that we will be seeing some sort of att wireless WP7 advertsing buzz in the next 45 days.  By the first week of october if they are looking for great sales by Thanksgiving weekend.

HTC with slider speaker

hbelton wrote:

There's also these guys http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/22/dells-lightning-thunder-flash-smoke-and-more-a-roundup/ that are coming to ATT

You are correct hbelton.  The Dell's are beautiful.  Who would havve ever thought that they mught have the best looking WP7 come this holiday season.

But another HTC came out from under wraps today.  The WP7 market is finally heating up a bit.  I would GUESS that we will be seeing some sort of att wireless WP7 advertsing buzz in the next 45 days.  By the first week of october if they are looking for great sales by Thanksgiving weekend.

HTC with slider speaker

11 of 13 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 3:43:33 AM
(0)
Expert

hbelton wrote:

The major drawback with these devices is like the current Dell Androids - available only through Dell and not in any ATT outlet

hbelton wrote:

The major drawback with these devices is like the current Dell Androids - available only through Dell and not in any ATT outlet

12 of 13 (1,101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 4:07:25 AM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

hbelton wrote:

I suppose that still remains an issue for a good chunk of users.  I think that the only phone I have purchased from att wireless over the past 10 years was my Tilt which I purchased six months after it had already been released while on vacation in the US.  The other phones I called att sales the day they became available and they had arrived to my house before they were available at my local CA or DC stores.  I don't seem to have 'first arrival' att wireless stores near me in DC.

But if you want to play with your device before purchasing, the Dell sales model might be difficult.

It is a good looking phone though.

wingrider01 wrote:

hbelton wrote:

I suppose that still remains an issue for a good chunk of users.  I think that the only phone I have purchased from att wireless over the past 10 years was my Tilt which I purchased six months after it had already been released while on vacation in the US.  The other phones I called att sales the day they became available and they had arrived to my house before they were available at my local CA or DC stores.  I don't seem to have 'first arrival' att wireless stores near me in DC.

But if you want to play with your device before purchasing, the Dell sales model might be difficult.

It is a good looking phone though.

13 of 13 (1,099 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments