Ask a question

Posted Jul 21, 2011
    10:37:28 AM
    View profile
    Combined Billing

I had combined billing and auto-pay for my wireless, dsl, and directv services.  I moved and had to switch from dsl to uverse which took me roughly 3 weeks, 5 hours on the phone with ATT, several technicians going to the wrong city, and multiple follow up calls claiming they were coming after they already set it up.  They assured me, however, that my combined billing and auto-pay would be renewed, so I went on my way.  A month later I get awoken by a call from ATT telling me that my wireless bill is past due... I called ATT and after 30 minutes on the phone with 6 different idi*ts and having to deal with the automated services 5 times all I managed to do was pay my past due balance.  I am so tired of ATT screwing up and then making me run in circles to fix it! I just want to submit my problem and be done with it since they messed it up in the first place.  These last few months of dealing with ATT have been a nightmare and I almost certainly will not renew when my contracts are up.  I really just want a link where I can post this and someone at ATT will fix it for me so I don't have to deal with the kind of people that handle customer service here.

Combined Billing

12 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (12)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 31, 2011 2:28:16 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I have a similar issue and can't figure out how to fix it.  I had combined billing but upgraded to UVerse.  Not only are my bills not combined any more, I just received 4 different bills, and two of them are more than twice as high as they are supposed to be.  When I call 611 on my phone the computer says it is AT&T wireless only, but offers no number to call for combined billing.  When I go to the website the only way I can log in is with my wireless number, but the resulting page offers nothing regarding combined billing.  The only thing I can find when i do a search is your complaint.  It appears that my decision to drop Time Warner Cable and go with UVerse is going to cause me a lot of work and frustration - and maybe a few hundred dollars!

Re: Combined Billing

2 of 13 (4,159 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 6, 2011 1:49:56 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I have the same exact issue ... started off with wireless service with AT&T 6 years ago and decided to go with a bundle of their services .... land line, internet, directtv and my cell phone.  It's all a big mess, I have spent at least 10 hours on the phone and been so frustrated with the segregation of services they try to bundle!!!! 

Has anyone figured out how to get the answers to why I can only log in with wireless and not be recognized for the phone and internet service????

3 of 13 (3,836 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 9, 2011 1:07:09 PM
    (0)
    Former Community Manager

Hey miniaturelady, 

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty with accessing your accounts. I'd like to get you in touch with someone from my team to talk about this. 

I'm going to send you a private message (upper right hand corner, little blue envelope) to get your phone number and some additional details. 

Thanks for posting and letting us know you were having an issue with this. 

~jam

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 13 (3,781 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 18, 2011 12:33:22 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I had the same problems.  I tried to switch from directv to Uverse to save money, & the 1st scheduled installation (several weeks out from my request) no one bothered to show up or call.  Then they reschedule it for 4 weeks out from there, dude shows up, & can't get uverse tv properly installed.  So I kept directv.

Then I tried to combine all of my bills & put them on autopay, & I keep getting harassing phonecalls that my wireless bill is PASTDUE.  And I don't have another 20+hours to spend on the phone waiting for AT&T's customerservice to figure out who to dump my call on. 

Still no idea how to combine my wireless bill with others. 

5 of 13 (3,462 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 19, 2011 3:22:35 PM
    (0)
    Professor
    One good reason to keep your bills separate. .. all i'm say'n
    Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

6 of 13 (3,441 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 20, 2011 8:02:03 AM
    (0)
    Former Community Manager

andrewj18 wrote:

I had the same problems.  I tried to switch from directv to Uverse to save money, & the 1st scheduled installation (several weeks out from my request) no one bothered to show up or call.  Then they reschedule it for 4 weeks out from there, dude shows up, & can't get uverse tv properly installed.  So I kept directv.

Then I tried to combine all of my bills & put them on autopay, & I keep getting harassing phonecalls that my wireless bill is PASTDUE.  And I don't have another 20+hours to spend on the phone waiting for AT&T's customerservice to figure out who to dump my call on. 

Still no idea how to combine my wireless bill with others. 

Hey there - Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you. I will ask a member of our team to contact you to review your account & billing to make sure everything is straightened out. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 13 (3,431 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 20, 2011 5:53:26 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I currently have Directv, att wireless and internet. I tried calling customer care to get combined billing for all of them with no success. Does anyone know how to go about getting them combined? Thanks. 

8 of 13 (3,420 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 27, 2011 9:39:14 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I am in need of help as well to figure out my account. Had Directv, home phone and wireless. Dropped home phone and now bills are separate, however I paid the combined bill and cannot figure out how to get the money to the appropriate department. Not to mention the "outstanding" bills in question are different than my normal monthly payment. Please, I cannot spend another couple hours (or more) on the phone going in circles, interrupting my work as billing does not have an after hours number. Lastly, it is the worst feeling to have someone tell you it is your responsibility to fix a problem that someone else created and have no clue where to even start...you just keep believing the rep. that tells you I will get you over to the right place to help and then once again, they can't.

9 of 13 (3,352 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 27, 2011 9:56:27 AM
    (0)
    Former Community Manager

Hi - sorry you're having an issue with billing as well. 

Wil you please send me a private message with your name, account numbers, your contact phone phone number and the best time to contact you?

I'll ask someone to contact you to review your accounts and hopefully get things straightened out. 

--------------

10 of 13 (3,348 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 27, 2011 10:47:57 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Thank you, I will look forward to hearing from someone to get this resolved.

11 of 13 (2,246 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 28, 2011 7:47:07 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I have not heard back from anyone. Is there any way to put a rush on my case so my service does not get interrupted for something that I did not request to have happen to my account, nor was I advises this problem would occur? I would appreciate it.

12 of 13 (2,238 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 2, 2012 1:52:24 PM
    (0)
    Moved for better exposure

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
    Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
    This will help other users find this information too!

13 of 13 (2,157 Views)