Code M2MCNG on an iPhone to Nokia for call of 1 minute duration: 49MB of data?

Contributor

Code M2MCNG on an iPhone to Nokia for call of 1 minute duration: 49MB of data?

Data details on bill shows as 1 minute, 48MB of data usage  (sent, not received).

Googling code M2MCNG is appears to mean: moblie-to-mobile, Cingular.

My Mom is AT&T on a Nokia feature phone.  I believe AT&T bought Cingular at some point so that explains the Cingular.

On the bill, the charge is *not* in the SMS/MMS sections (both have no entries at all), it is categorized as "Internet/MEdia Net".

My iPhone shows a voice call at that time of 2 mins, but its SMS/MMS history has no call at that time.

Also, my iPhone, 3 mos old,  has never had its usage tracking reset, and outbound data is 55MB total, over three months.

I already called and AT&T, and he said they have no idea what it is. I don't need exact details, but I need to know how 49MB of data can be sent on a mobile-to-mobile, non MMS, 1-minute call.  Everyone I talk to says it should be impossible.

Email goes through the ISP, not directly to a phone.  FaceTime is not possible over cellular, and even if it were, she is Nokia.

I barely ever send SMS/MMS, I'm way too old for that stuff.

Anybody got any ideas? Any AT&T person can help clue me in?

Thanks

ps 

attaching a screen snap.  "DT" means daytime not data.

Message 1 of 1 (713 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.