Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 16, 2011
5:38:27 PM
Clarification on the New Smartphone Data Plans

Clarification on the New Smartphone Data Plans!

that post aint true. i couldnt upgrade to a 4g from my 3g phone. they said i would have to go with one of the new data plans and that i could not keep my 30 dollar unlimited one. which sucks cuz i wanted the atrix. had to settle for the captivate.

Clarification on the New Smartphone Data Plans!

that post aint true. i couldnt upgrade to a 4g from my 3g phone. they said i would have to go with one of the new data plans and that i could not keep my 30 dollar unlimited one. which sucks cuz i wanted the atrix. had to settle for the captivate.

Clarification on the New Smartphone Data Plans

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2011 11:48:08 PM
(0)
Guru

If you currently have unlimited data on your smartphone, you can upgrade to another smartphone and keep your unlimited data.  You DO NOT have to switch to one of the limited plans.  The person who told you that you must change your plan was mistaken.  If you want to keep your unlimited plan, do not switch.  You can choose to switch, but if you do you cannot go back to unlimited.  You can upgrade to an iPhone 4 from an iPhone 3 and retain unlimited data; my daughter did exactly that.  Ask someone else or ask them to check with a supervisor or manager. 

If you currently have unlimited data on your smartphone, you can upgrade to another smartphone and keep your unlimited data.  You DO NOT have to switch to one of the limited plans.  The person who told you that you must change your plan was mistaken.  If you want to keep your unlimited plan, do not switch.  You can choose to switch, but if you do you cannot go back to unlimited.  You can upgrade to an iPhone 4 from an iPhone 3 and retain unlimited data; my daughter did exactly that.  Ask someone else or ask them to check with a supervisor or manager. 

Re: Clarification on the New Smartphone Data Plans

2 of 2 (163 Views)