Chicago Microcell Outage

Teacher

Chicago Microcell Outage

My two microcells have had blinking 3G lights since this morning. I finally called AT&T and was told there's an Microcell outage in the Chiicago area. They don't have an estimated time to repair.

Message 1 of 33
Contributor

Re: Chicago Microcell Outage

Since the last outage (what started this thread) my microcell has been fine. Until today that is, Its flashed the 3G symbol three seperate times today and now its been out for an hour. I tried the usual power cycling but its not working. Anyone else having issues.

I am in Park Ridge IL

Man I can't wait for Verizon to get the iPhone. I will gladly eat the $175 fee to have the ability to use my phone. 

Message 16 of 33
Tutor

Yup.  Mine is flashing again as well.

Once again, there is a reason AT&T was just named worst wireless carrier in the US

Message 17 of 33
Teacher

Down again in Northeastern Wisconsin.  Went down I think around 4:00 PM Central.  Still down at 9:00 PM (12-29-10).  Clearly this is a large problem with AT&T and unrelated to towers.  

Message 18 of 33
Contributor

Mine is out again also, I am in Crystal Lake, IL(Northern IL).  At&T has had terrible customer service with the micro cell. I would suggest calling your credit card company that you bought it with and filing a dispute. They are not holding up their end of the service. 

Message 19 of 33
Tutor

Mine out here as of 7:00PM southeastern Wisconsin, still out as of this writing. 3G light just flashes. Smiley Sad
Message 20 of 33
Contributor

Mine was out since mid-afternoon, but it just came back on. Funny - I was just about to get connected to the online chat support person when I noticed that the 3G light stopped blinking. Go figure.

Message 21 of 33
Tutor

Now it is back on with a steady 3G light as of 15 mins ago.
Message 22 of 33
Teacher

Yup, back on in NE Wisconsin as well.  Looks like we are all tied to the same crappy system.  AT&T just doesn't get it.  We purchase a product that doesn't work and then have to purchase another unreliable product to make the first product work.  

We were told towers were going up this year to fix the HUGE holes in their coverage map, 2011 is around the corner and it never happened.

Verizon is going to bring a world of hurt to these guys.  

Message 23 of 33
Contributor

Is everyone's still working? Mine seems to be down.

Message 24 of 33
Mentor

outage in northwest suburbs of chicago as of 1/6/2011

Message 25 of 33
Contributor

Mine just went out this afternoon 3/22/11. Anybody else in the Chicagoland Area?

I'm am trying to wait for the new iPhone before I get the Verizon version but with all of the issues I have been having lately its getting to be ridiculous...

Message 26 of 33
Mentor

Mine is out too, did the power cycle, came back up briefly, but now down again.

near St. Charles

Message 27 of 33
Teacher

Down in Lakeview neighborhood on northside for about an hour now.  This is getting ridiculous.

Message 28 of 33
Contributor

I have experienced an outage here at home as well. I'm in Peru, IL, about 100 miles west of Chicago, but it is still considered part of the Chicago district. Not sure when it went down, but it is still down now.
Message 29 of 33
Teacher

Up now on northside at 4:35PM

Message 30 of 33
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support