Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 21, 2010
11:18:02 AM
Chicago Microcell Outage

My two microcells have had blinking 3G lights since this morning. I finally called AT&T and was told there's an Microcell outage in the Chiicago area. They don't have an estimated time to repair.

My two microcells have had blinking 3G lights since this morning. I finally called AT&T and was told there's an Microcell outage in the Chiicago area. They don't have an estimated time to repair.

Chicago Microcell Outage

32 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(32)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 2:39:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am back in service as well.

I am back in service as well.

Re: Chicago Microcell Outage

31 of 33 (351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 11:38:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

So I finally bit the bullet yesterday. I was so sick of repeated issues with the microcell and AT&T. Just a couple of weeks ago I was at Wrigley Field with 5 full bars and couldn't make a phone call or send an sms message! Lately I could hear everyone else but they couldn't hear me talk when I was on my microcell. After multiple power cycles, I just couldn't take it anymore, I ordered my wife an I brand new iphones on the VZW network and guess what? I can actually use my phone in my house, 4 out of 5 bars and much better call quality. Good luck everyone, I hope your contracts are up soon!

So I finally bit the bullet yesterday. I was so sick of repeated issues with the microcell and AT&T. Just a couple of weeks ago I was at Wrigley Field with 5 full bars and couldn't make a phone call or send an sms message! Lately I could hear everyone else but they couldn't hear me talk when I was on my microcell. After multiple power cycles, I just couldn't take it anymore, I ordered my wife an I brand new iphones on the VZW network and guess what? I can actually use my phone in my house, 4 out of 5 bars and much better call quality. Good luck everyone, I hope your contracts are up soon!

32 of 33 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 7:39:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

My MC has been out for 2 days now, 3G light keeps flashing, no connectivity, even though power, ethernet, gps lights remain lit.  Tech support said that "tier 2" support looked at my account and could "see" that it was repeatedly losing its GPS signal (even though the light was remaining on) and that i should now get a new one from the att store, because the current one is probably dead at this point?  I didn't really understand that, but i'm going to swap it anyway and see how it goes.

My MC has been out for 2 days now, 3G light keeps flashing, no connectivity, even though power, ethernet, gps lights remain lit.  Tech support said that "tier 2" support looked at my account and could "see" that it was repeatedly losing its GPS signal (even though the light was remaining on) and that i should now get a new one from the att store, because the current one is probably dead at this point?  I didn't really understand that, but i'm going to swap it anyway and see how it goes.

33 of 33 (251 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments