Helpful Links

Chicago Microcell Outage

Teacher

Chicago Microcell Outage

My two microcells have had blinking 3G lights since this morning. I finally called AT&T and was told there's an Microcell outage in the Chiicago area. They don't have an estimated time to repair.

Message 1 of 33
Tutor

Re: Chicago Microcell Outage

Yup, hasn't been working here all morning out near Rockford.  Just the blinking 3G bars.

Effin thing has dropped calls and had all manner of problems since we got it, now I can't even call to complain about it.

I have ZERO signal without, so I'm screwed till they fix it.

Message 2 of 33
Contributor

Down in the loop also -- at 2.30pm they still don't know what's wrong..

Message 3 of 33
Teacher

3G is down in northern Indiana all together around South Bend, microcell's and towers the phones show a 3G signal but have virtually no data coverage mine has tested out with 7000+ms latency and okbps download and only about 50-56kbps upload. Normally I have 120-250ms and 3400+kbps download and 1200-2300kbps upload. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a regional 3G outage of some sort.

Message 4 of 33
Teacher

Microcell down all day on Lakeview. Called AT&T and was told the tower is down on Belmont & Racine. They could not give a time when servicecwas expected to be back up. Said to call back tonight if service is not restored.
Message 5 of 33
Contributor

Just talked to ATT.  Wisconsin is also effected.  No eta for resolution.  Would have been nice if ATT would have sent out a text message.

Message 6 of 33
Contributor

I'm experiencing data problems on my phone in Denver, Colorado. Could this be part of the same thing?

Message 7 of 33
Teacher

AT&T now says the outage in Chicago is more widespread. Advised to try again in the morning. No update on when the towers will be back up. Asked for an inconvenience credit.
Message 8 of 33
Contributor

Me too.....I live about 70 miles southwest of Chicago and the 3G lights have been blinking all day.  I did not check the message boards before I called ATT about the issue.  Wish I had.  The "customer service" tech offered to send me to a pay per use service to "fix" my connectivity issues.  ahahhah double pay for a service that I am already supposed to be receiving.  What a joke!

Message 9 of 33
Teacher

Down in Northern Wisconsin as well.  System has been good for the last 5 months until today.

Message 10 of 33
Contributor

MicroCell still out here in Schaumburg. I tried the support chat to check on outage info. It went like this:

at&t rep: Thank you, Frank. I do know that the Microcell has been down for your area for a while today but there was no estimated time of recovery. Please allow me 2-3 minutes to check and see if that has been updated.

Frank: okay, thanks

Frank: without the microcell, my phone bounces between zero and one bar and I can't make or receive any calls

at&t rep: I do understand Mr. Sugino. I do apologize about that. Unfortunately, there still has been no estimated time of recovery set for this issue. I am sorry.

Frank: Well, in that case can I get a credit on my bill for today?

Frank: I guess this will teach me to give up my land line.

at&t rep: I am sorry but we are unable to issue credits for charges that have not yet been billed. You can contact us when you receive your bill to receive compensation for the days that you were without service Mr. Sugino.

at&t rep: Is there anything else that I can assist you with today Mr. Sugino?

Frank: I was gonna ask for the number of a Verizon salesperson, but I can't make any calls right now Smiley Tongue

Frank: No, I guess I'll just go without service and hope it comes back tomorrow.

at&t rep: We value you as a customer with AT&T and we appreciate your business.  Thank you for visiting AT&T Live Support Chat. It has been my pleasure to assist you today, please click the close button to end your session. A customer satisfaction survey will automatically appear and we appreciate your feedback.

Chat InformationChat session has been terminated by the chat representative.

Message 11 of 33
Tutor

Well Frank, at least you discovered that they value us as customers.

Thank goodness for that.

/sarcasm

Message 12 of 33
Teacher

Came back up sometime during the night.  Working just fine now in Northern Wisconsin.  

Message 13 of 33
Teacher

Back up in Lakeview neighborhood on northside of Chicago.
Message 14 of 33
Contributor

it's out in Idaho too, tried to chat w/AT&T and after running through troubleshooting steps (which I'd already done twice before) they told me not sure what's going on, must be sim card as no towers out in my area. advsd that i get new sim card. On Christmas Eve. I live 30 miles from nearest town that even has an AT&T store and it's Christmas F'n Eve. Sure I'll get a new SIM card no problem. Smiley Happy Oh well, I asked rep to txt my fam/friends and wish them a Merry Christmas since I'm unable to call/text them myself!.

Good luck!

MKAngelus

Message 15 of 33
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support