Helpful Links

Check your billing stmt, ATT over billed for $120 for a month I didn't use service

Check your billing stmt, ATT over billed for $120 for a month I didn't use service

Guys, Beware of AT&T billing practices. I canceled my iphone service, out of contract, and AT&T sent me a "please come back letter", which I thought was nice. Then I got a bill for $120 for a month of service I never used. What gives? Apparently I have to pay for service I don't use. I called to complain and Gary for customer service kept me online for an hour. FIne, I can live with that. THen I get told, "wait for adjusted bill in mail." Ok, I can live with that too. THen I get the adjusted bill for $116. What? I used max 4 days out of the month that I had *prepaid* already (check the billing cycle on your statements... you are billed and pay for next month's service). I figured some reduction was in order. Now AT&T says pay up or I will get a credit collector after me! Crazy. I'm glad I left this company. Their service sucks, but you already know that.
Message 1 of 3
Former Community Manager

Re: Check your billing stmt, ATT over billed for $120 for a month I didn't use service

It sounds like this bill is from pro-rated service but without reviewing your account, I can't verify that. Would you please please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you so I can put you in touch with a member of our team?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Check your billing stmt, ATT over billed for $120 for a month I didn't use service

Now you tell me. I havea phone that always has the apps open for some reason every time I pick it up. I'm constantly suspending an app then wondering if I am being charged for it. Finally talked to someone in customer service who couldn't explain why this happens to my satisfaction but did put a block on apps. Every single app has a cost factor and the bill is outrageous. btw we're stuck in a contract that is too expensive for the purpose I use a phone. Wish I would have stuck with Page Plus $45/month no contract and never dropped a call using Verizion network.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support