Check your billing stmt, ATT over billed for $120 for a month I didn't use service

Contributor

Check your billing stmt, ATT over billed for $120 for a month I didn't use service

Guys, Beware of AT&T billing practices. I canceled my iphone service, out of contract, and AT&T sent me a "please come back letter", which I thought was nice. Then I got a bill for $120 for a month of service I never used. What gives? Apparently I have to pay for service I don't use. I called to complain and Gary for customer service kept me online for an hour. FIne, I can live with that. THen I get told, "wait for adjusted bill in mail." Ok, I can live with that too. THen I get the adjusted bill for $116. What? I used max 4 days out of the month that I had *prepaid* already (check the billing cycle on your statements... you are billed and pay for next month's service). I figured some reduction was in order. Now AT&T says pay up or I will get a credit collector after me! Crazy. I'm glad I left this company. Their service sucks, but you already know that.
Message 1 of 3 (406 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Check your billing stmt, ATT over billed for $120 for a month I didn't use service

It sounds like this bill is from pro-rated service but without reviewing your account, I can't verify that. Would you please please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you so I can put you in touch with a member of our team?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (390 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Check your billing stmt, ATT over billed for $120 for a month I didn't use service

Now you tell me. I havea phone that always has the apps open for some reason every time I pick it up. I'm constantly suspending an app then wondering if I am being charged for it. Finally talked to someone in customer service who couldn't explain why this happens to my satisfaction but did put a block on apps. Every single app has a cost factor and the bill is outrageous. btw we're stuck in a contract that is too expensive for the purpose I use a phone. Wish I would have stuck with Page Plus $45/month no contract and never dropped a call using Verizion network.

Message 3 of 3 (283 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support