Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 6, 2011
7:52:01 PM
View profile
Check SIM Card

I just became a go phone user and i bought a little cheep phone to start off and i wanted to change to a different phone so my friend gave me a old razr and when i try to use it i put my sim in and turn it on then it acts like its got service then says unregisterd sim after a minute it pops up CHECK SIM and wont let me do anything ??? what can i do!!??!?!?!?!

I just became a go phone user and i bought a little cheep phone to start off and i wanted to change to a different phone so my friend gave me a old razr and when i try to use it i put my sim in and turn it on then it acts like its got service then says unregisterd sim after a minute it pops up CHECK SIM and wont let me do anything ??? what can i do!!??!?!?!?!

Check SIM Card

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 8:36:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You can contact customer service to see if they will unlock the SIM for you so you can use it in a different phone. Call 611 from your cell phone or 1 800 331 0500 from another phone, state "more options" at the first menu prompt of the automated system and then say "customer service" at subsequent prompts;after a few the system will connect you with a live rep.

They do have some requirements and they may not unlock it for a brand new customer. You can also obtain a replacement SIM at a Corporate at&t store if customer service won't accomodate your request. If you'll add funds to the account while in the store, they will likely not charge you for the replacement SIM, and they can provision it with your existing account information/phone number/balance.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

You can contact customer service to see if they will unlock the SIM for you so you can use it in a different phone. Call 611 from your cell phone or 1 800 331 0500 from another phone, state "more options" at the first menu prompt of the automated system and then say "customer service" at subsequent prompts;after a few the system will connect you with a live rep.

They do have some requirements and they may not unlock it for a brand new customer. You can also obtain a replacement SIM at a Corporate at&t store if customer service won't accomodate your request. If you'll add funds to the account while in the store, they will likely not charge you for the replacement SIM, and they can provision it with your existing account information/phone number/balance.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Check SIM Card

2 of 2 (3,694 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments