Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 26, 2011
2:44:19 PM
Charging is not supported with this accessory.
I am getting the "Charging is not supported with this accessory" with the charger that came with my iPhone. I also am getting it with the car charger I bought from AT&T at the time I purchased my iPhone 4. I am currently running iOS 4.3.5. These were supposed to be Apple certified accessories. I have noted my wall wart (charger) will start working again if I unplug it then plug it back into the wall. I suppose I will have to go to AT&T and have them replace both units? Anyone else having this issue?
I am getting the "Charging is not supported with this accessory" with the charger that came with my iPhone. I also am getting it with the car charger I bought from AT&T at the time I purchased my iPhone 4. I am currently running iOS 4.3.5. These were supposed to be Apple certified accessories. I have noted my wall wart (charger) will start working again if I unplug it then plug it back into the wall. I suppose I will have to go to AT&T and have them replace both units? Anyone else having this issue?

Charging is not supported with this accessory.

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 4:18:07 PM
(0)
Master

Sounds like a hardware issue.  Since you have an iPhone, you need to have apple take care of the iPHone and the charger that came with it.  It may be that you have an issue with the connector port on the bottom since it is happening with both the charger and other items....  The Apple store can check that out for you.  www.apple.com/retail 

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Sounds like a hardware issue.  Since you have an iPhone, you need to have apple take care of the iPHone and the charger that came with it.  It may be that you have an issue with the connector port on the bottom since it is happening with both the charger and other items....  The Apple store can check that out for you.  www.apple.com/retail 

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Charging is not supported with this accessory.

2 of 7 (8,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 5:28:46 PM
(0)
Mentor

Oh, okay.... The nearest Apple store to my location is only 142 miles and 2.5 hours away...

Fantastic... I shall have to make a day of it! I wonder why AT&T can't handle it as the iconic monopolistic conglomerate they are?

Oh, okay.... The nearest Apple store to my location is only 142 miles and 2.5 hours away...

Fantastic... I shall have to make a day of it! I wonder why AT&T can't handle it as the iconic monopolistic conglomerate they are?

3 of 7 (8,804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 6:39:38 PM
(0)
Professor

dwmitchell61 wrote:

Because Apple handles all hardware issues related to the iPhone per the contract between Apple and the carrier.

dwmitchell61 wrote:

Because Apple handles all hardware issues related to the iPhone per the contract between Apple and the carrier.

4 of 7 (8,793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 9:22:35 PM
(0)
Master
You really do not want ATT repairing your iPhone!

You really do not want ATT repairing your iPhone!

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

5 of 7 (8,776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 7:39:53 AM
(0)
Guru

dwmitchell61 wrote:

I wouldn't be overly concerned with seeing that message unless you have since discovered/noticed that said accessory is indeed not performing its expected function (e.g., charging the phone)...or if you're one of those OCD folks who would forever be bothered by seeing that message even though it appears the accessory is performing its job correctly.  I've been running a car charger that was first introduced around the time the iPhone 3G was release, on my iPhone 4--I get that same message when I plug the charger into my iPhone, yet AFAICT it charges the phone no problem (I see the charging icon on the phone, and the plug icon when battery is at or reaches 100%), and the phone appears to be functioning correctly (make/receive calls, GPS, apps open/run correctly, phone doesn't become abnormally warm during charging, etc.).  Matter of fact, I get that same message on my iPhone 3G when I plug said charger into it as well--the message has popped up on my phone from the time it was running 3.x all the way to 4.2.1, and again, AFAICT it charges my iPhone 3G just fine otherwise.

dwmitchell61 wrote:

I wouldn't be overly concerned with seeing that message unless you have since discovered/noticed that said accessory is indeed not performing its expected function (e.g., charging the phone)...or if you're one of those OCD folks who would forever be bothered by seeing that message even though it appears the accessory is performing its job correctly.  I've been running a car charger that was first introduced around the time the iPhone 3G was release, on my iPhone 4--I get that same message when I plug the charger into my iPhone, yet AFAICT it charges the phone no problem (I see the charging icon on the phone, and the plug icon when battery is at or reaches 100%), and the phone appears to be functioning correctly (make/receive calls, GPS, apps open/run correctly, phone doesn't become abnormally warm during charging, etc.).  Matter of fact, I get that same message on my iPhone 3G when I plug said charger into it as well--the message has popped up on my phone from the time it was running 3.x all the way to 4.2.1, and again, AFAICT it charges my iPhone 3G just fine otherwise.

6 of 7 (8,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 5:24:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

I was getting the same thing and I just got a new charger online and its perfect so i think my charger wire was busted.  My advice just order a new charger online at like Amazon.com.

I was getting the same thing and I just got a new charger online and its perfect so i think my charger wire was busted.  My advice just order a new charger online at like Amazon.com.

7 of 7 (8,523 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments