Charges to use Prepaid Number?

Tutor

Charges to use Prepaid Number?

Hello

I recently signed contract for two years for two lines. Before I was using At&t TO GO service. I was asked if I liked to move previous number to this new phone and I agreed. No one has informed me about the hidden $40 charges behind this. No company charge to use the previous number for new phone. As I got two lines I am charged $80 for both line and that is other than the activation and other charges that I have paid when I purchased the phone. I definitely don't want to pay this amount and I would like to look into this matter and canceled these charges

Regards

Lin

Message 1 of 5
Tutor

Re: Charges to use Prepaid Number?

Kindly tell how to get this thing resolved?

Message 2 of 5
Employee

What are the charges listed add on the bill?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Tutor

Thank you for looking into this. Following are the details that shown on the bill for one line and similar for other. After inquiring I found that these charges are based on using prepaid number to postpaid account

One Time Charge for Upgrade Fee$18.00
Service Change Fee$18.00
Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge$0.46
Federal Universal Service Charge$4.61
State Public Utility Surcharge$0.10
Message 4 of 5
Tutor

The team member from AT&T Social Media Manager has resolved this issue for me. Thank you so much for your kind cooperation!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support