Posted Feb 13, 2012
5:23:06 PM
Charges to use Prepaid Number?

Hello

I recently signed contract for two years for two lines. Before I was using At&t TO GO service. I was asked if I liked to move previous number to this new phone and I agreed. No one has informed me about the hidden $40 charges behind this. No company charge to use the previous number for new phone. As I got two lines I am charged $80 for both line and that is other than the activation and other charges that I have paid when I purchased the phone. I definitely don't want to pay this amount and I would like to look into this matter and canceled these charges

Regards

Lin

Hello

I recently signed contract for two years for two lines. Before I was using At&t TO GO service. I was asked if I liked to move previous number to this new phone and I agreed. No one has informed me about the hidden $40 charges behind this. No company charge to use the previous number for new phone. As I got two lines I am charged $80 for both line and that is other than the activation and other charges that I have paid when I purchased the phone. I definitely don't want to pay this amount and I would like to look into this matter and canceled these charges

Regards

Lin

Charges to use Prepaid Number?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2012 2:22:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

Kindly tell how to get this thing resolved?

Kindly tell how to get this thing resolved?

Re: Charges to use Prepaid Number?

2 of 5 (175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2012 1:06:17 AM
(0)
Employee
What are the charges listed add on the bill?
What are the charges listed add on the bill?
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2012 10:18:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you for looking into this. Following are the details that shown on the bill for one line and similar for other. After inquiring I found that these charges are based on using prepaid number to postpaid account

One Time Charge for Upgrade Fee$18.00
Service Change Fee$18.00
Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge$0.46
Federal Universal Service Charge$4.61
State Public Utility Surcharge$0.10

Thank you for looking into this. Following are the details that shown on the bill for one line and similar for other. After inquiring I found that these charges are based on using prepaid number to postpaid account

One Time Charge for Upgrade Fee$18.00
Service Change Fee$18.00
Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge$0.46
Federal Universal Service Charge$4.61
State Public Utility Surcharge$0.10

4 of 5 (159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2012 2:20:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

The team member from AT&T Social Media Manager has resolved this issue for me. Thank you so much for your kind cooperation!! :smileyhappy:

The team member from AT&T Social Media Manager has resolved this issue for me. Thank you so much for your kind cooperation!! :smileyhappy:

5 of 5 (151 Views)