Charged for something I didn't buy or use

Mentor

Charged for something I didn't buy or use

I was wondering how to handle the following charge:

12/14/201101:42:09 AM CSTRingTones/AnswerTones/Games-$ 9.99

I have not purchased or use any game or ringtone or answer tone. I just use a very basic phone with the 10-cents/minute plan for making and receiving calls, period. How do I go about getting this $9.99 refunded? To begin with, I I am not up at that hour of the morning. That's a problem with being a senior citizen, early to bed and late to rise. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 4 (359 Views)
Master

Re: Charged for something I didn't buy or use

You're not the only person this had happened to. Other users here have reported issues just like this where they had mysteriously been charged for games/ringtones when they did not in fact purchase anything of the sort.

If you call customer service, they should be able to remove the charges for you. You can dial 611 from your phone to do this. At the main menu, select "more options", then "customer service". You should then be transferred to a live rep that should be able to help you with this.

Good luck.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4 (339 Views)
Mentor

Thanks for the assist. I called customer service and they kept insisting that I must have purchased something (in this case, a GPS app - I have a GPS in the car, why would I want one on the cell phone?) or hit the wrong key. At that hour of the morning, I don't think so! Anyway, they refunded the $9.99 and put a block on internet purchases from the cell phone? That's fine with me as I don't want to make such a purchase anyway.

Again, thanks for the assist.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4 (326 Views)
Master

Great to hear! You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (320 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.