Helpful Links

Charged $35 for acitvation of GoPhone Unlimited Plan @ JFK AT&T Store

Contributor

Charged $35 for acitvation of GoPhone Unlimited Plan @ JFK AT&T Store

HI, I am from Singapore. Me and my wife are visiting NYC and landed in JFK airport this afternoon. I went to the AT&T store at Terminal 4 to check out the pre-paid SIM card plans available and spoke to the store sales executive. He kept pushing the $50 unlimited plan and mentioned that all the rest of the plans will cost the same given that I will be staying in NYC for 2 weeks. As I needed to rush off for my bus, I took the $50 unlimited plan and was billed $93 ($50 plan + $35 activation + $8 tax). Inside the bus, I started to examine the payment summary the sales executive printed for me...The activation charge states $0. I am starting to think that this guy has cheated me !!! Also, the plan did not come with any data plan. My iPhone was not able to get any data connection... I believe he has mis-sold me the phone plan and cheated my money in the process. Can AT&T investigate this incident...Is there any recourse for me...I have ended up with a expensive plan with no data included and cheated of my money.
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Charged $35 for acitvation of GoPhone Unlimited Plan @ JFK AT&T Store

You should NOT have been charged an activation fee if you were scrutiny your iPhone on prepaid. That definitely does not sound right to me. I would call customer service at 1-800-331-0500 to get this cleared up.

Also, for prepaid data to work on iPhones, it's tricky and can be complicated.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support