Charged $35 for acitvation of GoPhone Unlimited Plan @ JFK AT&T Store

Contributor

Charged $35 for acitvation of GoPhone Unlimited Plan @ JFK AT&T Store

HI, I am from Singapore. Me and my wife are visiting NYC and landed in JFK airport this afternoon. I went to the AT&T store at Terminal 4 to check out the pre-paid SIM card plans available and spoke to the store sales executive. He kept pushing the $50 unlimited plan and mentioned that all the rest of the plans will cost the same given that I will be staying in NYC for 2 weeks. As I needed to rush off for my bus, I took the $50 unlimited plan and was billed $93 ($50 plan + $35 activation + $8 tax). Inside the bus, I started to examine the payment summary the sales executive printed for me...The activation charge states $0. I am starting to think that this guy has cheated me !!! Also, the plan did not come with any data plan. My iPhone was not able to get any data connection... I believe he has mis-sold me the phone plan and cheated my money in the process. Can AT&T investigate this incident...Is there any recourse for me...I have ended up with a expensive plan with no data included and cheated of my money.
Message 1 of 2 (1,334 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: Charged $35 for acitvation of GoPhone Unlimited Plan @ JFK AT&T Store

You should NOT have been charged an activation fee if you were scrutiny your iPhone on prepaid. That definitely does not sound right to me. I would call customer service at 1-800-331-0500 to get this cleared up.

Also, for prepaid data to work on iPhones, it's tricky and can be complicated.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2 (1,310 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.