Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 7, 2010
9:58:40 PM
View profile
Changing iPhone Name!

When I set up and synched my new iPhone 4 for the first time with iTunes, I wasn't paying close attention, and it assigned it's own Device Name to the phone.  Is there a way to edit the Device Name to the name I want?

When I set up and synched my new iPhone 4 for the first time with iTunes, I wasn't paying close attention, and it assigned it's own Device Name to the phone.  Is there a way to edit the Device Name to the name I want?

Changing iPhone Name!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 10:04:19 PM
(0)
Professor

Connect it to iTunes. Under Devices double click on your iPhone name and change it to anything you want...

Connect it to iTunes. Under Devices double click on your iPhone name and change it to anything you want...

Re: Changing iPhone Name!

2 of 5 (1,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 10:05:12 PM
(0)
Teacher

While the iPhone is synced, click once or twice (depending on pc or mac) on the iPhone's current name on the left column. You should be able to change the name.

While the iPhone is synced, click once or twice (depending on pc or mac) on the iPhone's current name on the left column. You should be able to change the name.

3 of 5 (1,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 10:06:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

scottper wrote:

When I set up and synced my new iPhone 4 for the first time with iTunes, I wasn't paying close attention, and it assigned it's own Device Name to the phone.  Is there a way to edit the Device Name to the name I want?

when you're synced with iTunes just double click the name in the the left column and type in the new name you want. Smiley Happy

scottper wrote:

When I set up and synced my new iPhone 4 for the first time with iTunes, I wasn't paying close attention, and it assigned it's own Device Name to the phone.  Is there a way to edit the Device Name to the name I want?

when you're synced with iTunes just double click the name in the the left column and type in the new name you want. Smiley Happy

4 of 5 (1,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 11:15:57 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yep, that did the trick!  Thanks to everyone for your fast advice!

Yep, that did the trick!  Thanks to everyone for your fast advice!

5 of 5 (1,430 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments