Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 23, 2009
8:51:07 AM
View profile
Changing Account Billing Name

Out phone is 2 years old, and out of contract.  When we first got it the account was set up in my Billing Name.  However, the phone is actually my wife's, and she's defined as the User on the account.

But - Caller ID sends *my name" to other phones, not her name.  We'd like to change that.

So, how do we change the Account Owner / Account Billing name to her name, especially as we use different surnames?  The billing address - our home - would stay exactly the same. I've tried to change it online in the Account Manager, but it won't let me....

AGB

Out phone is 2 years old, and out of contract.  When we first got it the account was set up in my Billing Name.  However, the phone is actually my wife's, and she's defined as the User on the account.

But - Caller ID sends *my name" to other phones, not her name.  We'd like to change that.

So, how do we change the Account Owner / Account Billing name to her name, especially as we use different surnames?  The billing address - our home - would stay exactly the same. I've tried to change it online in the Account Manager, but it won't let me....

AGB

Changing Account Billing Name

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2009 11:29:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
You have to call CS to change the caller ID on the phone. You don't need to change the Account Owner or Billing. That would entail a Change in Financial Responsibility and there is sometimes an extension in the contract for such a change.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
You have to call CS to change the caller ID on the phone. You don't need to change the Account Owner or Billing. That would entail a Change in Financial Responsibility and there is sometimes an extension in the contract for such a change.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Changing Account Billing Name

2 of 2 (1,754 Views)