Change outgoing message from another phone

Contributor

Change outgoing message from another phone

I just broke my phone and don't have a replacement yet. I would like to change my outgoing voicemail message from my husbands phone. However, when I call from his phone and access my voicemail, there does not appear to be any options to do this.

Is there a way to accomplish this? How is it done?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (2,103 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Change outgoing message from another phone

You have to call your phone number from his phone. When your voicemail answers, press the * then it will prompt for password. Then when in the voicemail, to change the greeting, press 9 (mailbox options) then press 1 (greeting)
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (2,095 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, it didn't work Smiley Sad

The prompt doesn't give an option for pressing 9, and when I press it anyway I am informed that 9 is not a valid option. The only options it does have are sent, receipt and personal options. I thought maybe personal options might have it, but that was only for setting up outcall notification (where they call you to inform you that you have voicemail.)

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 4 (2,086 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am not sure what you really want to do in here if you want to access your voicemail using your husband's phone all you have to do is follow this

Message Retrieval from Other Phones

Dial your 10-digit wireless number.
Interrupt the personal greeting by pressing the "*" key.
Some markets have allowed the use of the "#" key. However, with Voicemail Standardization, only the "*" key can now be used to interrupt the personal greeting when retrieving the message from another phone.
The "#" key can now be used by a caller to skip through the outgoing message.
Enter your personal password.
Follow the voice prompts.

Please leave your comment if this works.. thanks Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4 (2,038 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.