Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 21, 2011
5:45:52 PM
View profile
Change my rate plan ($50 -> %25 per month)

Hello.

I'm go-phone user and my rate plan is $50 per month.

I want to change this plan to $25 per month. But there is no way to change it on Internet.

Should I go to AT&T store and change it?

Hello.

I'm go-phone user and my rate plan is $50 per month.

I want to change this plan to $25 per month. But there is no way to change it on Internet.

Should I go to AT&T store and change it?

Change my rate plan ($50 -> %25 per month)

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 6:02:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You can actually change your rate plan by dialing 611. When prompted, select "more Options", and then say, "rate plan". If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to change your plan.

Before making the official switch, I would recommend to wait until the end of the month/when your existing $50 plan for the month expires. Then you should switch to the $25 plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You can actually change your rate plan by dialing 611. When prompted, select "more Options", and then say, "rate plan". If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to change your plan.

Before making the official switch, I would recommend to wait until the end of the month/when your existing $50 plan for the month expires. Then you should switch to the $25 plan.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Change my rate plan ($50 -> %25 per month)

2 of 5 (1,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 1:33:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

Make sure you ask, will there will be a charge to change plans. As ATT just charged me $10 to change plans.  Got love it when they dont tell you and just STEAL your money. When I call to complain  CSR said to bad it was in the agreement.

Make sure you ask, will there will be a charge to change plans. As ATT just charged me $10 to change plans.  Got love it when they dont tell you and just STEAL your money. When I call to complain  CSR said to bad it was in the agreement.

3 of 5 (1,696 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 4:57:12 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by OnlytheShadowKnows on Sep 22, 2011 at 4:57:54 AM

jer218 wrote:

Yes, jer218.

They do say about prepaid rate plan changes:

1. not refundable fee
  2. any unused services of the original plan are forfeited.
  3. the day you change the plan is counted as a full day

But they do not say it is a $10 fee anywhere I looked.

I would not call it "steal", that is too harsh, but at the same time I am not surprised ("money for nothing").

jer218 wrote:

Yes, jer218.

They do say about prepaid rate plan changes:

1. not refundable fee
  2. any unused services of the original plan are forfeited.
  3. the day you change the plan is counted as a full day

But they do not say it is a $10 fee anywhere I looked.

I would not call it "steal", that is too harsh, but at the same time I am not surprised ("money for nothing").

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (1,687 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 5:02:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

jer218 wrote:

I'm curious - did you make your changes via the IVR system?  At least it used to be that at&t would allow customer service to make one rate plan change for you at no charge, but after that they charge $10 for assisting you with rate plan changes.  You can use the IVR to do this - although it's buried under "More Options" from the first menu prompt.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

jer218 wrote:

I'm curious - did you make your changes via the IVR system?  At least it used to be that at&t would allow customer service to make one rate plan change for you at no charge, but after that they charge $10 for assisting you with rate plan changes.  You can use the IVR to do this - although it's buried under "More Options" from the first menu prompt.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (1,649 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments