Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 18, 2012
2:59:28 PM
View profile
Change in Upgrade Date

Hello,

I wanted to register my displeasure with the sudden change in the date I was due to be able to update my phone. Until 5 days ago, I was due an upgrade to my phone on 4/16. However, on 4.13, that date was moved back 3 month to July. All because I was able to add my company discount to my phone. It certainly would have been appreciated if there had been some warning that adding the discount would change the upgrade date. Then I would have held off a month. Now, while I like the Windows Phones,  I think I will be waiting for them to arrive at other vendors. It is a sad day when companies don't care if they lose a customer as they still have "plenty of other fish in the sea".

Not impressed AT&T. Not impressed.

Hello,

I wanted to register my displeasure with the sudden change in the date I was due to be able to update my phone. Until 5 days ago, I was due an upgrade to my phone on 4/16. However, on 4.13, that date was moved back 3 month to July. All because I was able to add my company discount to my phone. It certainly would have been appreciated if there had been some warning that adding the discount would change the upgrade date. Then I would have held off a month. Now, while I like the Windows Phones,  I think I will be waiting for them to arrive at other vendors. It is a sad day when companies don't care if they lose a customer as they still have "plenty of other fish in the sea".

Not impressed AT&T. Not impressed.

Change in Upgrade Date

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2012 3:53:46 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry your upgrade data changed unexpectedly when you added the corporate discount. 

You may still be eligible for an early upgrade and I'd be happy to get you in touch with someone to go over your options. 

If you'd like to speak with someone, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm sorry your upgrade data changed unexpectedly when you added the corporate discount. 

You may still be eligible for an early upgrade and I'd be happy to get you in touch with someone to go over your options. 

If you'd like to speak with someone, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Change in Upgrade Date

2 of 6 (1,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2012 5:26:08 AM
(0)
Guru
I'm curious. Did they help you or are you still stuck? I'm curious in general, when Jamileh steps in and says "PM me and I"ll help you." Do they actually help or is it just a ploy to remove the complaining from a publicly visible place?
I'm curious. Did they help you or are you still stuck? I'm curious in general, when Jamileh steps in and says "PM me and I"ll help you." Do they actually help or is it just a ploy to remove the complaining from a publicly visible place?

3 of 6 (1,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2012 9:09:39 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

This community member hasn't responded to me so I don't know if they were able to get their issue resolved or not. 

To answer your other question, yes we do help. Smiley Happy

The goal of our forum is to provide a place for discussion, self and peer support and when necessary; support from AT&T.

The reason why we ask for a private message is because we're collecting personally identifiable information (like phone & account numbers). We definitely don't want that info in a public forum. 

--------------

This community member hasn't responded to me so I don't know if they were able to get their issue resolved or not. 

To answer your other question, yes we do help. Smiley Happy

The goal of our forum is to provide a place for discussion, self and peer support and when necessary; support from AT&T.

The reason why we ask for a private message is because we're collecting personally identifiable information (like phone & account numbers). We definitely don't want that info in a public forum. 

--------------

4 of 6 (1,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 10:34:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Jamileh has helped me in the past. She's right (of course) about not putting a customer's private information in the main part of the forum.
Jamileh has helped me in the past. She's right (of course) about not putting a customer's private information in the main part of the forum.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (1,403 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2012 10:54:12 AM
(0)
Master

21stNow wrote:

I would agree that Jam is very helpful and for some of my own issues....  It is even more important today to protect your personal information here as users from around the world are looking for an account so they can get their iPhones unlocked and need someone with an account to help them!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

21stNow wrote:

I would agree that Jam is very helpful and for some of my own issues....  It is even more important today to protect your personal information here as users from around the world are looking for an account so they can get their iPhones unlocked and need someone with an account to help them!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 6 (1,389 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments