Ask a question

Posted Feb 6, 2011
    8:11:54 AM
    View profile
    * Change Your Wireless Phone Number Online *
    Edited by RicoLX on Feb 6, 2011 at 8:13:02 AM

I just read my online message box where AT&T has made it available for us to change our cellphone numbers online.  This is neat.  After entering the zip code, city/state, OR area code plus the first 3 digits of the number you like, then you will have a selection of numbers to choose for your new number.   This  is better than in the past when you have to call customer service and they randomly stick you with a number and say  they have no control over what pops up and say 'this is your new number, so there.'

So if you are one of those stuck with a number you just cant live with, now you hav a choice!... of course it still cost $35 to make that change (*I wonder if they still change for you free if there's a report of phone stalking or if your number has been spammed?*)

Click here:  "How Can I Change My Wireless PHone Number"

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

* Change Your Wireless Phone Number Online *

[ Edited ]
    3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 6, 2011 1:45:32 PM
    (0)
    Master
    Edited by Planet-Ed on Feb 6, 2011 at 1:46:12 PM

RicoLX wrote:

This  is better than in the past when you have to call customer service and they randomly stick you with a number and say  they have no control over what pops up and say 'this is your new number, so there.'

For me in the past they would offer me 5 or 10 numbers to choose from.  But it is nice being able to look yourself.  I wish it had the ability to look at numbers from different area/markets.

For instance I live in Colorado but I have a Tennessee number.  I wanted to see what numbers would be available to me if I changed my address and number to a local one, but it won't let me.

But most people that already have a local number won't want/need to change unless they are being spammed/harassed.  

Re: * Change Your Wireless Phone Number Online *

[ Edited ]
    2 of 4 (48,656 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 6, 2011 4:41:04 PM
    (0)
    Professor
    I received a NY number when with my first phone. i got reps that punched up a local number and said here you go. When i tried asking for several more to chose from, i ended up having to decline and hang up; call later. did thiseach time i got the one-only numbrr till i got one that suited me.

two occassions got a free change due to harrassment and a spam. now on that occassion a rep did multiple lookups for me. But i am glad the process is now online.
    Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

3 of 4 (48,641 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 23, 2011 3:58:59 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I have two accounts and I am able to view numbers and change it to the primary account of the number but not the other number in the same account . How can change my number online with the second number in my account? It is just showing the zipcode,state,number page but there is no next button avaialable .

I called customer care but they said they wud help me with this on phone and change my number on phone and when ask for numbers they give only one or two . 

Man Very Happy Thanks ! 

4 of 4 (47,612 Views)