Change Name Associated With Phone on 2 Phone Plan?

Highlighted
Tutor

Change Name Associated With Phone on 2 Phone Plan?

My name appears on my home phone caller id when calls are made from both my iPhone 3Gs and my wife's iPhone 3Gs. Is there any way I can get my wife's name associated with her phone even though the account is under my name?

Curious...

Thanks!

-Jim

Message 1 of 4 (214 Views)
Master

Re: Change Name Associated With Phone on 2 Phone Plan?

Call customer service.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

After hours Support:. 1-866-801-3600

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 4 (213 Views)

Such posts should be deleted.

Yes, you have the ability to change the caller ID info for any line on your account. It may take about three days for the change to go through, but keep in mind, carriers have to actually access AT&T's database to get updates. Landline carriers only tend to do this once every six months, so you may need to ask them to manually update if your line still shows up with the wrong name.

Also, to be sure, clear the caller ID records of the device that is displaying the wrong name, just to be sure.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (201 Views)
Expert

Mister Xiado wrote:
      Yes, you have the ability to change the caller ID info for any line on your account. It may take about three days for the change to go through, but keep in mind, carriers have to actually access AT&T's database to get updates. Landline carriers only tend to do this once every six months, so you may need to ask them to manually update if your line still shows up with the wrong name.
      Also, to be sure, clear the caller ID records of the device that is displaying the wrong name, just to be sure.

Also if the carrier does not own the entire range of phone numbers then there is no guarentee that the number change will go through at all.

Message 4 of 4 (199 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.