Cases for Samsung Focus?

Scholar

Cases for Samsung Focus?

Anybody come across cases for the Focus?  My AT&T store had only 1 red case in stock (I forget the mfgr-it will be the standard case sold at AT&T).  Didn't want the red, and not sure it would be the best case on the market.

Message 1 of 42
Guru

Re: Cases for Samsung Focus?

go to www.samsung.com and follow the links - they have three (and you can find discount coupon on line).

I got the horizontal holder with the white stitching. Fits perfectly and well constructed.

Message 2 of 42
Mentor

I picked up a red one at store, imho thats a nice case
Message 3 of 42
Scholar

epi117 wrote:

Putting aside the color (they will get black ones in), do you like the case?  I read on some forum that one of the cases has a defect where the case continuosly depresses the on/off button.

Message 4 of 42
Scholar

prubin wrote:

go to www.samsung.com and follow the links - they have three (and you can find discount coupon on line).

I got the horizontal holder with the white stitching. Fits perfectly and well constructed.

Thanks for the pointer.  I am looking for something more in the nature of a skin than a pouch.

Message 5 of 42
Tutor

What ever you do, do not buy the Body Glove skin.  It is way too tight and covers the buttons.  The result is, it will randomly press buttons for you.  If you go with a skin, make sure it has holes so you can press the actual buttons.

Message 6 of 42
Scholar

Sequel wrote:

What ever you do, do not buy the Body Glove skin.  It is way too tight and covers the buttons.  The result is, it will randomly press buttons for you.  If you go with a skin, make sure it has holes so you can press the actual buttons.

That's the skin I had read about in some forum.  Thanks for the reminder, I will stay away from the Body Glove.

Message 7 of 42
Scholar

For now, I bought the 

Amzer® Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Black  For Samsung Focus I917

http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page.asp?divid=Samsung&model=Samsung+Focus+I917&cat=Cases&skuno=89682

For $9.95.

Message 8 of 42
Teacher

epi117 wrote:

Presently I'd say yes I'd say this is the best case. It's a "Case Mate" brand.  It provides solid protection and edge protection of the glass as well. This is NOT the case where it presses all the buttons.  That is the Body Glove.

I tried the Incipio feather case but it's cheap, and doesn't even fit properyly.  Interested in feedback on the case from Froomy however.

Message 9 of 42
Scholar

PerfectCr wrote:

epi117 wrote:

I tried the Incipio feather case but it's cheap, and doesn't even fit properyly.  Interested in feedback on the case from Froomy however.

I will post a review as soon as it comes in.

Message 10 of 42
Teacher

My local ATT store had the Red one you mention along with a silicone case, and a light weight polycarbonate case in Grey which is what I bought. Its made by Incipio.

Message 11 of 42
Expert

really hopng for a Otterbox defender to come out

Message 12 of 42
Teacher

On day 1 I purchased the Body Glove Gel Case.  It is rubberized and covers the volume rocker, power button and camera button.

The case was awful.  Always depressing the buttons.  

I was too lazy to bring the case back so I got my rotary tool (Dremel) and grinded away the power button and camera button areas.

This now makes the case awesome!  and the phone even better.  Why?  Well with no case people are complaigning of accidental button presses.  With this case and this simple mod, the power button is no sunken down and the skin/fat of your finger can push into the hole in the case to press the power button.  So accidental presses are now gone for me.

Samsung Focus Body Glove Gel Case

Message 13 of 42
Scholar

gmfeld wrote:

For now, I bought the 

http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page.asp?divid=Samsung&model=Samsung+Focus+I917&cat=Cases&skuno=89682

For $9.95.

Just realized that they won't have the case in for shipping until December 1.  Don't know that I want to go "naked" until then (I have the screen protected).

Message 14 of 42
Highlighted
Scholar

gmfeld wrote:

gmfeld wrote:

For now, I bought the 

For $9.95.

Just realized that they won't have the case in for shipping until December 1.  Don't know that I want to go "naked" until then (I have the screen protected).

I agree with you. I always have a case for my device. Right now I have a Timbuk2 holster but it is too big (used to carry my iPhone 3) and when I take the phone out it feels like a bar of soap when I pull it out.

Message 15 of 42
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support