Helpful Links

Case may really be needed for iPhone 4

Guru

Case may really be needed for iPhone 4

I am not sure about you, when I held the iPhone 4 on my hand, I was scared, scared of dropping it, as it is sooo pretty... lol I have been debating if I needed a case or not... Found this:

http://jaredfranklin.com/post/729861012/broken-iphone-4

It seems that the blogger's friend dropped the phone once and it shattered... So maybe getting a case isn't a bad idea...

Or maybe getting insurance (like squaretrade for $99/2 years) would be really a good idea...

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Case may really be needed for iPhone 4

it's good to be short like me

Message 2 of 5
Mentor

I have insurance through my local insurance agent.  I have both my old iPhone and my new iPhone covered for about $25.00 a year with a $50.00 deductible.  In the event I lose it, break it, drop it in water, etc. they document it and cut me a check.  I believe it's called an Inland Marine policy.  You can cover computers, jewelry, cameras, etc. on it.  I have them covered for the amount that it would cost me to replace them (just because I only paid $199 for the phone doesn't mean I could replace it for that amount if I were to break it - I would have to pay either an early upgrade or non-commitment price).  It's 100% worth it and way cheaper than coverage through AT&T.

Message 3 of 5
Teacher

That phone looks like that after a 1 foot fall..   ouch.. 

Message 4 of 5
Guru

rockets wrote:

I have insurance through my local insurance agent.  I have both my old iPhone and my new iPhone covered for about $25.00 a year with a $50.00 deductible.  In the event I lose it, break it, drop it in water, etc. they document it and cut me a check.  I believe it's called an Inland Marine policy.  You can cover computers, jewelry, cameras, etc. on it.  I have them covered for the amount that it would cost me to replace them (just because I only paid $199 for the phone doesn't mean I could replace it for that amount if I were to break it - I would have to pay either an early upgrade or non-commitment price).  It's 100% worth it and way cheaper than coverage through AT&T.

yeah, that's what Squaretrade does too, it would cover the cost of replacement phone up to $599 mins deductible of $50, so that's basically what my iPhone 4 16gb would be and it would just cost me $50 to get a new one...  and either the inland marine insurace or squaretrade (which I've done my research and review reading on it -$99/year or a monthly of like $5.44/month for 24 months), both still cheaper than the AT&T's offered one.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support