Carrier I.Q. found on LG G2

Mentor

Carrier I.Q. found on LG G2

Carrier IQ confirmed on the LG G2. The option to disable it has been removed. It is causing alot of wakelocks and battery drain. It also turns on the gps (even when gps is disabled) if the option to allow location through cellular and wireless networks is disabled. If you work in a building where gps can not get a good fix have no fear , carrier IQ will keep trying until it gets a good location. I thought the carrier IQ nonsense was done with but I guess I was wrong.

Message 1 of 8 (1,943 Views)
Guru

Re: Carrier I.Q. found on LG G2

chrisayrer wrote:

Carrier IQ confirmed on the LG G2. The option to disable it has been removed. It is causing alot of wakelocks and battery drain. It also turns on the gps (even when gps is disabled) if the option to allow location through cellular and wireless networks is disabled. If you work in a building where gps can not get a good fix have no fear , carrier IQ will keep trying until it gets a good location. I thought the carrier IQ nonsense was done with but I guess I was wrong.

Yet another reason to stop buying carrier-branded phones.

Message 2 of 8 (1,875 Views)
Contributor

There might be a way to force stop it. Search the web for carrier iq.
Message 3 of 8 (1,755 Views)
Teacher

Thanks to your post!  I did not realize my wife's LG Optimus G Pro has such malware in her phone.  It is casung the same problem as yours!  You should try to file a complain to AT&T customer service to replace your phone without the malware in there.

Message 4 of 8 (1,672 Views)

It can be disabled, but it comes back after a reboot.

It has been confirmed that it causes a wakelock that results in TERRIBLE battery life.

AT&T need to put out an update that allows us to disable this 'feature' pronto.  This is truly unacceptable. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,125 Views)

LG G2 is defective: AT&T needs to provide a way to remove Carrier IQ from the new LG G2

[ Edited ]

AT&T needs to provide customers who have purchased the new LG G2 with a way to remove or permanently disable Carrier IQ.  This software is defective as it causes a wakelock that consumes a large portion of the battery power.

Users have a way, currently, to force quit the service, but it starts up again upon reboot.

Users who have force quit the service have seen their battery usage go from around 15 hrs per day to well over 24 hrs.

There is _CLEARLY_ a defect with this software and it _NEEDS_ to be fixed.

I have contacted LG and they have said that it is AT&T who put the software on the device and they are the ones to talk to for removing it.

Message 6 of 8 (1,025 Views)

Re: LG G2 is defective: AT&T needs to provide a way to remove Carrier IQ from the new LG G2

How is moving this post here going to give it "more exposure"?

Why won't someone from AT&T comment on this matter?

Message 7 of 8 (965 Views)
Mentor

note 3 has also
Message 8 of 8 (844 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.