Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 13, 2011
11:59:07 AM
View profile
Captivate phone.apk force closing?

Hey,

I purchased a new Samsung Captivate at the beginning of December, and for the past 3 weeks or so I've been having an issue where the stock Samsung phone application will randomly force quit from time to time.  The only possible culprit I can think of would be the OTA AT&T JH7 firmware update to the phone (which completed successfully) about a week after I received my phone.

Could that be my issue?  I haven't installed any applications that hook into the phone or the address book.  Is there a way for me to roll back to the original firmware to see if a somewhat botched update is to blame?  As far as I know, the "factory restore" option in the android system menu only wipes the data on the phone, not system software.  Can AT&T do something in-store to restore my phone?

Hey,

I purchased a new Samsung Captivate at the beginning of December, and for the past 3 weeks or so I've been having an issue where the stock Samsung phone application will randomly force quit from time to time.  The only possible culprit I can think of would be the OTA AT&T JH7 firmware update to the phone (which completed successfully) about a week after I received my phone.

Could that be my issue?  I haven't installed any applications that hook into the phone or the address book.  Is there a way for me to roll back to the original firmware to see if a somewhat botched update is to blame?  As far as I know, the "factory restore" option in the android system menu only wipes the data on the phone, not system software.  Can AT&T do something in-store to restore my phone?

Captivate phone.apk force closing?

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments