Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 13, 2011
5:12:55 AM
View profile
Captivate Gingerbread
Edited by c0n on Jun 13, 2011 at 5:26:44 AM

Anyone have info on when Gingerbread is going to show up for the U.S.?  Or are we supposed to be excited about Samsung's "regional plan"?  It's as if the U.S. version of the Galaxy S is verboten.  I haven't found any reference to the SGS 1 on any of the android news sites/forums. Basically I'm wondering if it's going to be soon or if I should just root and put Serendipity or CM7 on.

Anyone have info on when Gingerbread is going to show up for the U.S.?  Or are we supposed to be excited about Samsung's "regional plan"?  It's as if the U.S. version of the Galaxy S is verboten.  I haven't found any reference to the SGS 1 on any of the android news sites/forums. Basically I'm wondering if it's going to be soon or if I should just root and put Serendipity or CM7 on.

Captivate Gingerbread

[ Edited ]
8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 11:19:31 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Jun 13, 2011 at 11:20:53 AM

It's not gonna happen because, if I'm not mistaken, Captivate has been End Of Life on AT&T. Wait for the annoucement of AT&T variant of SGS 2. That will be AT&T's answer to GingerBread on SGS.

It's not gonna happen because, if I'm not mistaken, Captivate has been End Of Life on AT&T. Wait for the annoucement of AT&T variant of SGS 2. That will be AT&T's answer to GingerBread on SGS.

Re: Captivate Gingerbread

[ Edited ]
2 of 9 (887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 7:29:10 AM
(0)
Employee
Don't be so sure... It was a big seller and Google is trying to push carriers to keep things current where possible
Don't be so sure... It was a big seller and Google is trying to push carriers to keep things current where possible
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 9 (813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 12:50:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

Samfirmware is releasing Captivate build tomorrow according to their past few tweets.

http://twitter.com/#!/samfirmware

Samfirmware is releasing Captivate build tomorrow according to their past few tweets.

http://twitter.com/#!/samfirmware

4 of 9 (790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 3:02:59 PM
(0)
Master
Is that for the Captivate (AT&T) specifically or the Canadian version or the European Galaxy S line?
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Is that for the Captivate (AT&T) specifically or the Canadian version or the European Galaxy S line?
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

5 of 9 (777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 4:21:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

It's for USA Captivate tomorrow (16th).

It's for USA Captivate tomorrow (16th).

6 of 9 (769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2011 6:28:08 AM
(0)
Professor
I doubt it will be gingerbread. Judging from the 2.2 update, if we get it it will not be until 2014 or 2015 at the earliest.
I doubt it will be gingerbread. Judging from the 2.2 update, if we get it it will not be until 2014 or 2015 at the earliest.

7 of 9 (751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2011 9:13:29 AM
(0)
Employee
The one posted here is not from Samsung . However FredW..don't give up hope yet....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed are my own and do not represent any company or service
The one posted here is not from Samsung . However FredW..don't give up hope yet....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed are my own and do not represent any company or service
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 9 (739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2011 9:29:42 AM
(0)
Mentor

The link posted earlier to samfirmware is an official Samsung build. Samfirmware isn't affiliated with Samsung, but the releases they push out are official Samsung builds.   Goes without saying that this build is not necessarily the build that Samsung/ATT will be rolling out for the Captivate.

The link posted earlier to samfirmware is an official Samsung build. Samfirmware isn't affiliated with Samsung, but the releases they push out are official Samsung builds.   Goes without saying that this build is not necessarily the build that Samsung/ATT will be rolling out for the Captivate.

9 of 9 (734 Views)