Captivate Gingerbread

c0n
Mentor

Captivate Gingerbread

[ Edited ]

Anyone have info on when Gingerbread is going to show up for the U.S.?  Or are we supposed to be excited about Samsung's "regional plan"?  It's as if the U.S. version of the Galaxy S is verboten.  I haven't found any reference to the SGS 1 on any of the android news sites/forums. Basically I'm wondering if it's going to be soon or if I should just root and put Serendipity or CM7 on.

Message 1 of 9 (928 Views)
Master

Re: Captivate Gingerbread

[ Edited ]

It's not gonna happen because, if I'm not mistaken, Captivate has been End Of Life on AT&T. Wait for the annoucement of AT&T variant of SGS 2. That will be AT&T's answer to GingerBread on SGS.

Message 2 of 9 (898 Views)
Employee
Employee

Don't be so sure... It was a big seller and Google is trying to push carriers to keep things current where possible
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9 (824 Views)
c0n
Mentor

Samfirmware is releasing Captivate build tomorrow according to their past few tweets.

http://twitter.com/#!/samfirmware

Message 4 of 9 (801 Views)
Master

Is that for the Captivate (AT&T) specifically or the Canadian version or the European Galaxy S line?
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9 (788 Views)
c0n
Mentor

It's for USA Captivate tomorrow (16th).

Message 6 of 9 (780 Views)
Professor

I doubt it will be gingerbread. Judging from the 2.2 update, if we get it it will not be until 2014 or 2015 at the earliest.
Message 7 of 9 (762 Views)
Employee
Employee

The one posted here is not from Samsung . However FredW..don't give up hope yet....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed are my own and do not represent any company or service
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 9 (750 Views)
Highlighted
c0n
Mentor

The link posted earlier to samfirmware is an official Samsung build. Samfirmware isn't affiliated with Samsung, but the releases they push out are official Samsung builds.   Goes without saying that this build is not necessarily the build that Samsung/ATT will be rolling out for the Captivate.

Message 9 of 9 (745 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.