Captivate Gingerbread text messaging problem

Contributor

Captivate Gingerbread text messaging problem

Hi I just upgraded to gingerbread last night from Froyo and I'm noticing a problem with text messaging.  I can no longer go into a message thread and tap onto a single message to make it expand full screen, and once in the expanded message scroll left or right to go forward or backwards in message thread.  Is this just a gingerbread thing or what?  Any way to revert to prior messaging settings or is there an app out there that restores the scrolling function?

No other errors so far that i've noticed.  It seems faster.  I dont' like the new keyboard either...

Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: Captivate Gingerbread text messaging problem

I'm experiencing the same thing.  I tried to forward a text I had sent to someone else and I couldn't get to the full screen text where there USED to be an option to forward.  You could also "resend" if the send failed from there.  Annoying.

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Figured it out somewhat.  Long press the message and a menu comes up including forward, lock, delete, etc.  Still doesn't show entire message, but you do have the option to copy message text (not that that's useful).Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I have same problem plus many more ever since upgrade to Gingerbread.
Tech support says this change was made intentionally with the upgrade and there is no way around it. This feature is just no longer available.
I also am having problems with the the cell not responding to phone calls. It will not hang up. Also has difficulty syncing with truck sync system. Did not have problems before upgrade.
Gingerbread is tuning out to be to Samsung what Vista was to Microsoft.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I upgraded to gingerbread and my text messages will not expand AND many times a text response goes to the wrong person. For example,I receive a text msg from one person. When I respond, I verify that the correct person's name is in the header, but once the message is sent it shows that it went to the person that I had received a text message PRIOR to the one I was responding to. Not only is it making me crazy; it is making my friends crazy as well.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support