Captivate Froyo Post Install

Mentor

Captivate Froyo Post Install

Hi!

Did anyone have problems post install with Froyo? After I updated, my phone was VERY slow and quirky for about 2-3 hours after the upgrade. I can only assume it was doing some post install stuff. Now it is looking and running well!

Message 1 of 8 (1,082 Views)
Tutor

Re: Captivate Froyo Post Install

yes it's slow and laggy now and my wi-fi won't work...

Message 2 of 8 (1,081 Views)
Mentor

How long has it been since your upgrade?

Message 3 of 8 (1,065 Views)
Tutor

yesterday morning.. over 24hours...

rebooted a few times to try and get wi-fi to work

but still slow and laggy....

Message 4 of 8 (1,059 Views)
Teacher

I get a "buzz-pause-buzz-buzz" just after the lock-screen comes up after each startup..  This is supposedly caused by something force-closing but I can't figure out what.

Message 5 of 8 (870 Views)
Mentor

mine dose the same buzz buzz i have had 2.2 for about 2 months now. i put it on myself. the phone is a piece of crap. i am never buying a samsung phone again. this hole thing is samsung's fault. they can't do any thing that has to do with phones right. nokia is comming out with a windows phone that's my next one.

Message 6 of 8 (858 Views)
Teacher

Yes,

I Waited 6 months to get flash 10 and now have a lot more problems.

1) No exchange sync support in OS. Cant get to work email, this is a well known issue for business users.

2) Network interfaces need to constantly be reset to connect. Put phone in flite mode usually works, sometimes power cycle required.

3) Overall CPU performance horrible. Phone freezes during video playback, sort of nullifies the flash 10 feature, dont you think?

4) AT&T has not released a software update in the 6 months since this release.

What a huge miss by ATT/Samsung/Google. Did anyone test this software????

Now getting sent back and forth between ATT and Samsung support, no rollback provided to 2.1.

NIGHTMARE!! I'll be so glad when 2 years is up so I can switch to Verizon!!

BYE BYE ATT SAMSUNG!!!

Message 7 of 8 (236 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Oh yea, AND the GPS is still bad..

Message 8 of 8 (234 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.