Captivate Android 2.3 Gingerbread update is available for Rogers customers

Contributor

Captivate Android 2.3 Gingerbread update is available for Rogers customers

The long anticipated Samsung Captivate Android 2.3 Gingerbread update is finally available for Rogers customer, more than a year since the phone launched and close to 10 months since the release of Gingerbread.

http://www.gizmocrunch.com/android/8483-samsung-captivate-gingerbread-update

How soon will it be available for AT&T customers?

Message 1 of 4 (2,936 Views)
Master

Re: Captivate Android 2.3 Gingerbread update is available for Rogers customers

Probably never. Or not in this year Smiley Happy

Rogers' release schedule has no bearing on AT&T release schedule.

There are a few AT&T Captivate Gingerbread ROMs leaked already a while back. From my experience with one of them, they are in much better shape than the Froyo official release. If AT&T wants this thing released, they could have done it a month or two ago.

Message 2 of 4 (2,913 Views)

It's also so easy to port I9000 ROMs to the Captivate that if you don't care about "running official" there have been PLENTY of Gingerbread choices for the Cappy.

I ran Serendipity VII on the Infuse for a few weeks, it was excellent, and it's originally a Captivate ROM.  I'm on Cyanogenmod 7 now in order to catch up on development - as I understand it, CM7 for the Cappy still has a few issues.

Message 3 of 4 (2,890 Views)
Contributor

What about ATT Captivate phones-  2.3 is way past due- Christmas is over- all the people who were going to buy new phones, have so how about the update that was promised 6 months ago.................

Message 4 of 4 (1,455 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.