Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 17, 2010
7:11:03 AM
Captivate Alarm + Snooze

My Captivate and I are still getting to know each other.  There's something I'd like to know about the alarm.

I'm a heavy snooze button user.  I really like the flexibility of the phone's snooze settings and alarm in general.  It's hugely better than my previous dumbphone (what good is a snooze that's only 5 minutes and only works twice?).  However, sometimes I'll press snooze, then I'll get up before the alarm goes off again.  Is there a way to stop the alarm/snooze without waiting for it to go off again?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

My Captivate and I are still getting to know each other.  There's something I'd like to know about the alarm.

I'm a heavy snooze button user.  I really like the flexibility of the phone's snooze settings and alarm in general.  It's hugely better than my previous dumbphone (what good is a snooze that's only 5 minutes and only works twice?).  However, sometimes I'll press snooze, then I'll get up before the alarm goes off again.  Is there a way to stop the alarm/snooze without waiting for it to go off again?

Captivate Alarm + Snooze

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2010 8:12:43 AM
(0)
Mentor

Not that I've seen.

Not that I've seen.

Re: Captivate Alarm + Snooze

2 of 6 (1,452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2010 3:26:35 PM
(0)
Scholar

That is a good question, I have though of the same. I think the only way would be to go into the alarm and disable/enable it. That should reset it. You can just click the green clock icon.

That is a good question, I have though of the same. I think the only way would be to go into the alarm and disable/enable it. That should reset it. You can just click the green clock icon.

3 of 6 (1,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2010 12:03:28 AM
(0)
Guru

Thanks for the replies.  That's more or less what I thought (unless there's an app for it), but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Thanks for the replies.  That's more or less what I thought (unless there's an app for it), but it doesn't hurt to ask.

4 of 6 (1,380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2010 9:38:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I downloaded the Alarm Clock Plus (free) on the APP store.  It has a much larger SNOOZE button, and alot more options to customize. 

I downloaded the Alarm Clock Plus (free) on the APP store.  It has a much larger SNOOZE button, and alot more options to customize. 

5 of 6 (1,226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2010 3:42:38 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Nov 27, 2010 at 3:48:09 PM

I have Alarm Clock Plus v2. Love the option for math probs before snoozing and dismissing. Even doing an easy math prob helps wake you up. I snooze less now Smiley Happy

If you get Rings Extended from the Market it makes it very easy to use your existing music tracks to wake up to.

I have Alarm Clock Plus v2. Love the option for math probs before snoozing and dismissing. Even doing an easy math prob helps wake you up. I snooze less now Smiley Happy

If you get Rings Extended from the Market it makes it very easy to use your existing music tracks to wake up to.

Posted from my Samsung Captivate

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (1,152 Views)