Ask a question

Posted Sep 27, 2009
    5:00:56 AM
    View profile
    Cant receive MMS messages from non-iphone users.

Lets see if I can explain this right. 

I have no problems sending MMS or receiving MMS from iphone upgraded users, I can send messages to people without iphones and they get them, but when someone say from verizon sends me a message with a picture, I never get it.  Is there something I need to do to get this to work correctly.  I also noticed I stopped receiving the viewmymessages.com thing like 7 months ago or so.

Cant receive MMS messages from non-iphone users.

10 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (10)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 27, 2009 7:09:42 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    Probably a glitch in the system between AT & T and Verizon. I haven't had anyone send me an MMS from a different carrier yet. I've sent a couple to Verizon and Sprint and they went through.  Mine are mainly going to fellow iPhone users. 

Re: Cant receive MMS messages from non-iphone users.

2 of 11 (6,194 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 27, 2009 7:26:00 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    There has always been a problem between Verizon and AT&T with picture messaging.  You'll eventually get the message.  I've had that problem before I even had an iPhone.
    Posted via wireless

3 of 11 (6,187 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 27, 2009 7:29:15 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Its been 2 days.  :-(

4 of 11 (6,185 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 27, 2009 7:44:21 AM
    (0)
    Professor

Since AT&T sells and supports devices other than iPhones, are you able to recieve MMS messages from AT&T users that do not have iPhones?

If the answer is Yes, then your title is incorrect and you should contact AT&T to have them investigate the issue.

If the answer is No, then you should contact AT&T to have them investigate the issue.

5 of 11 (6,175 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 27, 2009 7:47:37 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    So are you saying he should contact AT & T? Smiley Happy

6 of 11 (6,172 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 27, 2009 8:39:16 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Ill contact AT & T then, was just wondering if there was anyone out there that had same problem before I call..

Thanks for responses.

7 of 11 (6,153 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 27, 2009 2:23:25 PM
    (0)
    Voyager
    My son had that same problem, I contacted ATT & they send his phone some "updates", he powered his phone on and off and he started receiving pictures from a Verizon customer.

8 of 11 (6,090 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 27, 2009 7:27:28 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I'm having the same problem - can send TO Verizon, but can only receive sms.  Far as I can tell, i'm only receiving MMS from other iPhone users.  Called AT&T, they blamed it on VZW.  They sent a test message, which took almost 10 minutes to receive.  Suggested I power cycle and remove the SIM, but no luck.  Ridiculous if we have to get caught in between this nonsense between the carriers and ultimately have a non-working solution.

9 of 11 (6,024 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 28, 2009 1:19:06 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I'm sure nobody cares, but I contacted AT&T, who sent me to Apple, who sent me BACK to AT&T, and after TWO HOURS was told to have the other users contact Verizon since they are not formatting the message correctly for iPhone.  All well and good, but highly unlikely as other iPhone users CAN receive MMS from Verizon.  I've pursued with help@attnews.us.

10 of 11 (5,920 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 28, 2009 1:22:48 PM
    (0)
    Professor

gr8phan wrote:
    I'm sure nobody cares, but I contacted AT&T, who sent me to Apple, who sent me BACK to AT&T, and after TWO HOURS was told to have the other users contact Verizon since they are not formatting the message correctly for iPhone.  All well and good, but highly unlikely as other iPhone users CAN receive MMS from Verizon.  I've pursued with help@attnews.us.
    Let me try something.

11 of 11 (2,729 Views)