Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 20, 2011
8:19:53 PM
Cant install .apk files

I got a htc aria with 2.2.2(FROYO) but when i try to install and application that is a non-market app I cant it says my phone is blocked to install apps that are not from the market how to disable that block?

I got a htc aria with 2.2.2(FROYO) but when i try to install and application that is a non-market app I cant it says my phone is blocked to install apps that are not from the market how to disable that block?

Cant install .apk files

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2011 8:33:29 PM
(0)
Master
You can't disable it unless you want to root the phone and install a custom ROM.

To get around the restriction, download Android Central's Sideload Wonder Machine. It works really nice as long as you follow the install instructions.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
You can't disable it unless you want to root the phone and install a custom ROM.

To get around the restriction, download Android Central's Sideload Wonder Machine. It works really nice as long as you follow the install instructions.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: Cant install .apk files

2 of 7 (2,590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2011 8:38:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

is android central for phhone or pc? and where to get it?

is android central for phhone or pc? and where to get it?

3 of 7 (2,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2011 3:29:04 AM
(0)
Master
It is installed on the computer. This is the link to the main thread. You would need to pick the version based on your computer OS to download and instructions.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-sideload-wonder-machine/
It is installed on the computer. This is the link to the main thread. You would need to pick the version based on your computer OS to download and instructions.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-sideload-wonder-machine/

4 of 7 (2,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2011 9:00:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

Branded phones regardless what provider do not allow the installation or non market apps.

Workaround: sideload wonder machine

Copy it in google, do some reading and install non-market apps as long as they doen't require root access.

Branded phones regardless what provider do not allow the installation or non market apps.

Workaround: sideload wonder machine

Copy it in google, do some reading and install non-market apps as long as they doen't require root access.

5 of 7 (2,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2011 1:50:57 AM
(0)
Employee
partsmart, no, only at&t android devices block this. every other Android device works just fine.
partsmart, no, only at&t android devices block this. every other Android device works just fine.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (2,510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2011 4:22:56 AM
(0)
Master
Yep it was only AT&T that decided to restrict the non-market Apps. All other carrier branded phones and unlocked phones have the ability to install non-market applications.

http://www.androidcentral.com/its-far-past-time-att-allow-non-market-apps-its-phones
Yep it was only AT&T that decided to restrict the non-market Apps. All other carrier branded phones and unlocked phones have the ability to install non-market applications.

http://www.androidcentral.com/its-far-past-time-att-allow-non-market-apps-its-phones

7 of 7 (2,507 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments