Cannot set my voice mail for new number

Cannot set my voice mail for new number

Hi !

I just got my new number and to set a voice mail I followed the instructions and dialed 1 on my phone but it is dialing 12345 number and says cannot be connected . 

Can somebody let me know how do i set up my voicemail box for the new phone . It is not an iphone or blackberry . Basic phone .

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3 (2,216 Views)
Master

Re: Cannot set my voice mail for new number

Whats the make/model of your phone?

In the mean time before you provide us that information you can access your voicemail by dialing your own wireless number from your cell phone.

Once we get the make/model we'll see what we can do to get the step by step instructions on how to fix the voicemail key so it dials the right number when you hold it down.

Message 2 of 3 (2,165 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Cannot set my voice mail for new number

orangewrks wrote:

Hi !

I just got my new number and to set a voice mail I followed the instructions and dialed 1 on my phone but it is dialing 12345 number and says cannot be connected . 

Can somebody let me know how do i set up my voicemail box for the new phone . It is not an iphone or blackberry . Basic phone .

Thanks 

It sounds like the Voicemail number was not correctly programmed in your phone. Contact CS and have them tell you how to reprogram voicemail number to the correct number.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (2,138 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.