Cannot send e-mail from my hotmail account

Tutor

Cannot send e-mail from my hotmail account

I am a recent new Blackberry user and have email acccounts set up for hotmail, yahoo, and gmail on my phone (as well as others).  I receive mail for all 3 accounts on my phone, and can reply to emails to my yahoo and gmail accounts.  I cannot replay to emails from my hotmail account.  I end up with a red x on the send mail.  I tried deleting and recreating the account on the bis server as well as resending the service books.

Thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Eric

Message 1 of 7 (3,216 Views)
Tutor

Re: Cannot send e-mail from my hotmail account

I believe you have to download Windows Live. http://www.blackberry.com/select/live/ (If you haven't already).
Message 2 of 7 (3,119 Views)
Teacher

The problem you are encountering is likely due to the fact that your Window Live Email account doesn't support POP fully. I have run into this problem several times with people I know using iPhones and BBs alike. The one time that I was able to get someone's Hotmail working 100% correctly was a case in which the person was paying for a premium account. To my knowledge that is the only way to ensure full POP functionality.
Message 3 of 7 (2,890 Views)
Tutor

I already pay for Hotmail Plus so should have POP3 support.  I'm now wondering if the default hotmail account on the BIS is for POP3.  Maybe I need to make sure of that next.

Eric

Message 4 of 7 (2,867 Views)
Tutor

Yes I have done what was mentioned at that site.

Eric

Message 5 of 7 (2,866 Views)
Tutor

Actually, I have some more investigation, and it appears that I cannot reply to (or create and send an e-mail to) a subset of email addresses.  I can send to my yahoo and work id.  I cannot sent to my ISP or my kids college email ids.  Note that I use a number of different email clients on the PC and have no problem mailing the affected emails.

Eric

Message 6 of 7 (2,859 Views)
Tutor

Still failing.  Looks like I'll make a call to support tomorrow.

Eric

Message 7 of 7 (2,710 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support