Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 31, 2009
7:36:41 PM
View profile
Cannot send e-mail from my hotmail account

I am a recent new Blackberry user and have email acccounts set up for hotmail, yahoo, and gmail on my phone (as well as others).  I receive mail for all 3 accounts on my phone, and can reply to emails to my yahoo and gmail accounts.  I cannot replay to emails from my hotmail account.  I end up with a red x on the send mail.  I tried deleting and recreating the account on the bis server as well as resending the service books.

Thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Eric

I am a recent new Blackberry user and have email acccounts set up for hotmail, yahoo, and gmail on my phone (as well as others).  I receive mail for all 3 accounts on my phone, and can reply to emails to my yahoo and gmail accounts.  I cannot replay to emails from my hotmail account.  I end up with a red x on the send mail.  I tried deleting and recreating the account on the bis server as well as resending the service books.

Thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Eric

Cannot send e-mail from my hotmail account

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2009 6:23:52 PM
(0)
Tutor
I believe you have to download Windows Live. http://www.blackberry.com/select/live/ (If you haven't already).
I believe you have to download Windows Live. http://www.blackberry.com/select/live/ (If you haven't already).

Re: Cannot send e-mail from my hotmail account

2 of 7 (3,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2009 2:09:18 PM
(0)
Teacher
The problem you are encountering is likely due to the fact that your Window Live Email account doesn't support POP fully. I have run into this problem several times with people I know using iPhones and BBs alike. The one time that I was able to get someone's Hotmail working 100% correctly was a case in which the person was paying for a premium account. To my knowledge that is the only way to ensure full POP functionality.
The problem you are encountering is likely due to the fact that your Window Live Email account doesn't support POP fully. I have run into this problem several times with people I know using iPhones and BBs alike. The one time that I was able to get someone's Hotmail working 100% correctly was a case in which the person was paying for a premium account. To my knowledge that is the only way to ensure full POP functionality.

3 of 7 (2,815 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2009 8:13:35 PM
(0)

I already pay for Hotmail Plus so should have POP3 support.  I'm now wondering if the default hotmail account on the BIS is for POP3.  Maybe I need to make sure of that next.

Eric

I already pay for Hotmail Plus so should have POP3 support.  I'm now wondering if the default hotmail account on the BIS is for POP3.  Maybe I need to make sure of that next.

Eric

4 of 7 (2,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2009 8:14:14 PM
(0)

Yes I have done what was mentioned at that site.

Eric

Yes I have done what was mentioned at that site.

Eric

5 of 7 (2,791 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2009 9:30:30 PM
(0)

Actually, I have some more investigation, and it appears that I cannot reply to (or create and send an e-mail to) a subset of email addresses.  I can send to my yahoo and work id.  I cannot sent to my ISP or my kids college email ids.  Note that I use a number of different email clients on the PC and have no problem mailing the affected emails.

Eric

Actually, I have some more investigation, and it appears that I cannot reply to (or create and send an e-mail to) a subset of email addresses.  I can send to my yahoo and work id.  I cannot sent to my ISP or my kids college email ids.  Note that I use a number of different email clients on the PC and have no problem mailing the affected emails.

Eric

6 of 7 (2,784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2009 7:33:39 PM
(0)

Still failing.  Looks like I'll make a call to support tomorrow.

Eric

Still failing.  Looks like I'll make a call to support tomorrow.

Eric

7 of 7 (2,635 Views)